What's new

That Barnyard Smell

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Typically it isn't really strong in the NC's but I've got an AVO 787 that I swear has that Hay and Manure smell just like a box of freshly opened Cubans.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Having never opened a box of CCs II can't comment on the comparison, but I Got a box, with a buddy of mine, of Oro Cubano. They smelled like the hay loft in my grandfathers barn. They smoked like crap and tasted like hay. I didn't want that smell to mingle with my good smokes so in the tupperware they went and there they will stay until a year or so has passed. Most likely will become the moocher sticks. They were cheap sticks so I was not expecting much for $1 a stick, but yuck. I'm sure the AVOs are a differtent story.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Typically it isn't really strong in the NC's but I've got an AVO 787 that I swear has that Hay and Manure smell just like a box of freshly opened Cubans.
I've actually noticed that before as well. I just never said anything, b/c I thought it was just my crazy sense of smell :) I do notice that smell a lot, I actually look forward to iit now!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
sooooooo I'm missing something here. The hay smell I had was terrible, but you guys are talking of something different. What did I smell/smoke that I hated in a NC that you guys loved in a good CC?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
sooooooo I'm missing something here. The hay smell I had was terrible, but you guys are talking of something different. What did I smell/smoke that I hated in a NC that you guys loved in a good CC?
Dont know what you smelled. The barnyard smell we are talking about is usually found a lot lower than the hayloft. Usually on the ground behind and beneath the larger animals.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Once you open your first box of Habanos, you'll understand. It's a very distinctive smell, in a very good way.:tonguerol

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
You'll have your turn one day.
The few CCs that blew up my mailbox a while back deffinetly smell different. but it may be while for the box purchase, X-mas present to me might be in order, if there wasn't this damn embargo. you guys know what a stickler I am for obeying all the laws.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I too have not enjoyed this pleasure (I am getting close though) however, the waft given off by the few that I been gifted have had me wanting to wallow in them.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
It's a unique smell, that's for sure. I have never personally found it in an NC, but I find that some Nicaraguans can be in the ballpark.

Dunno about the AVOs as I've never cracked open a box of those myself.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I too have not enjoyed this pleasure (I am getting close though) however, the waft given off by the few that I been gifted have had me wanting to wallow in them.
It's seriously not the same as opening up a brand new box. I have a couple on the way as I type this, and eagerly await opening that sucker up!