What's new

The American

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had a chance to try the J.C. Newman "The American"? I am very interested by this one since it seems to be 100% American made. Adding this to my list of "to try".

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Corona Cigar has had several "American" cigars using Florida Sungrown tobacco. I'm a big fan of FSG having gone through several boxes of what is/used to be a Drew Estate distributed cigar.

Their latest was the All American Experimental FSG that I smoked and enjoyed. Not sure how the JC Newman cigar is different but I'm fairly sure they are pretty similar and all iterations are either rolled at the J.C. Newman factory or JC Newman and one of the other smaller factories in Tampa,

If the price tag is an issue for the JC Newman cigar FSG is still available at a reasonable price. JC Newman makes some pretty good cigars and they tend to be more expensive. Only critisism I've read of the JC Newman cigar is it's price/value.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corona Cigar has had several "American" cigars using Florida Sungrown tobacco. I'm a big fan of FSG having gone through several boxes of what is/used to be a Drew Estate distributed cigar.

Their latest was the All American Experimental FSG that I smoked and enjoyed. Not sure how the JC Newman cigar is different but I'm fairly sure they are pretty similar and all iterations are either rolled at the J.C. Newman factory or JC Newman and one of the other smaller factories in Tampa,

If the price tag is an issue for the JC Newman cigar FSG is still available at a reasonable price. JC Newman makes some pretty good cigars and they tend to be more expensive. Only critisism I've read of the JC Newman cigar is it's price/value.
Yeah, the price point I saw online was around $16. I will have to look for the FSG and give them a try. I have never had FSG before. My wife's family had a tobacco farm in Maryland for years and grew premium cigarette tobacco. Now they grow corn and soybean. Would love to have seen the whole picking, sorting and drying process. The barns still have that tobacco smell.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the American in a sampler and decided I’m going to smoke it on the 4th of July looking forward to it but is a pricey stick

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ya know. I liked it. I will smoke it again. Not something I’d buy a box of even if it were cheaper. I like the brickhouse from them. I smoke it pretty regular. Might consider another box of them on sale.

a very reasonable FSG cigar when on sale is the Intensa FSG. I’ve bought a second box of them. It’s not too often I get multiple boxes of the same cigar. Pretty rare honestly

they won’t blow your socks off but they’re pretty solid any time cigar