What's new

The Black Dog Coffee Club

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
OK, I think I've finally worked out a solution to the shipping dilemma of the coffee club.
As we know from shipping cigars, you can send anything that's less than a pound (including packaging) for 4.05 via Priority Mail. The problem is that to get a half pound of coffee each week (first level) you're really adding up the shipping costs. So, it makes sense to ship 1lb twice a month (first and third week). Then we're above a pound (w/ packaging) and into the "zone" issue which can vary shipping by nearly as much as $2. And when we get into the higher level club (2lb/twice a month) it's as much as $4.00 difference depending on where you live. There are 8 zones which makes figuring out shipping to everyone kind of tough. What I've done is split the difference in zones and discounted the coffee to give you a fair savings in appreciation for your commitment and enable us to have two club levels that would be the same price no matter where you live.

So here's the deal:

The 2 Hound
3 Months of Fabulous Fresh Roasted Black Dog Coffee for $85
At this level you will receive two 1lb shipments of coffee per month, each consisting of two 1/2lb bags of different coffees. This breaks down to a cost of $7.08 (shipped) per week as opposed to $9.05 if you were to order 1/2lb each week.

The 4 Hound
3 Months of Fabulous Fresh Roasted Black Dog Coffee for $150
At this level you will receive two 2lb shipments of coffee per month, each consisting of four 1/2lb bags (for freshness) of two different coffees. This breaks down to $12.50 (shipped) per week as opposed to $14.20-$16.05 if you were to order 1lb each week.

Shipments will be during the first and third weeks of each month and will consist of four different coffees each month.

"Staple" vs "Club" Coffees: Beginning this week I will be ordering full bags of what I call "staple" coffees that will be fairly consistent offerings and will be available to everyone. As time goes on I will build up my stock of these beans so there will be a good variety to choose from. Staple coffees will all be carefully selected lots of Specialty Grade coffee and will vary throughout the year depending on crop quality and availability.
"Club" coffees will of course also be carefully selected but will be a wider variety, purchased in smaller quantities and will only be available to club members.

The idea behind the club is to give you the opportunity to try a variety of excellent coffees from around the world, most of which I will purchase specifically for the club and that I wouldn't normally buy as staples. It also gives you a carefree way to enjoy a constant supply of fresh roasted single origin coffees at great prices. Staple coffees will occasionally be rotated through the club selection so you'll have a chance to try them too. Also, if you have a particular fondness for one or more of the staples you can substitute them for some of your club selections.
Club members will also be eligible for special discounts on Black Dog merchandise (T-shirts, mugs, etc.) as they become available. Bear with me on these as I have some other issues to work out before I will be ready to offer them.

What say you? Ready to run with the Big Dogs or stay on the porch?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I am the only (coffee) drinker in the house. Need months before killing off what I have cause the misses just stocked me back up. I like the idea.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Wow, sounds fantastic. Let me get through what I just bought and I'll get on board.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I jumped the gun by a day:rolling: :rolling: I'm in and will start with the 2 Hound. I'll send the balance due asap.:peace:

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Great Idea B,

Had the Costa Rican yesterday, and the Columbian this morning. Both were awesome. Haven't cracked open the harrar yet, but I already know that's gonna be great. We'll probably be in for the 2 dogs but maybe the 4. Let me pay attention to how long it takes to drink this batch up. If there is a 6 hound option would that count as a pack?

Later bro,
Dub

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Got my first installment. Guys. Its a must. The Mysore nuggets are fantastic and just the aroma coming from the Harrar may make me break a cardinal rule and have some tonight. Great stuff Brian!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Crap, my coffee drinking went down as I had a cold and have been sucking down tea. I need a pot of this pronto. Definitely tomorrow morning.

Oh, the harrar is awesome!

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
What say you? Ready to run with the Big Dogs or stay on the porch?
This sounds like a great deal, I'll check with the lil lady and the folks at work we may have a good deal going here....

I like to try to get off the porch now and then, "But that lil dog next door keeps kicking my ASS"....:halfgrinw

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I do not think life would be the same without my twice a month shipment from the Black Dog Coffee Club. Good coffee. Good coffee