What's new

The Edge by Rocky Patel

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Stopped by a smoke shop this Friday. Great selections of smokes, and a friendly cast of regulars. The Edge was recommended , I decided it would be worth the 6 bucks or so to get in good with the locals.

Corojo or Maduro are the wrapper choices, I opted for Corojo torpedo , my pal went for the Maduro. The appearance was excellent, no thick veins in the wrapper, seemed to be a well-rolled nicely firm cigar.

It lit nicely, and burned evenly all the way through, definitely living up to it’s reputation as For Professional Cigar Smokers. It was a very rich flavor, caramel and vanilla notes remaining consistent to the very end. I blew off tar several times and the original flavor came right back. I don’t know how they do it, but I was pretty jazzed on the nicotene the rest of the night, even had a bit of trouble staying asleep.

I definitely recommend the Corojo, will probably purchase more, but next time will smoke in the afternoon, when I have enough time to let the effects subside.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I bought 2 of the maduro a couple of weeks ago. I have yet to light one of them up just strictly due to being sick etc. I'll be lighting one up this weekend I think. It's going to be a 3-5 stick a day weekend....hehehe

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The Edge is one of my favorite cigars right now. Here is my review of it.
Maduro Edge by Rocky Patel

The other night I lit a fire and sat down by it with Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 1993 on the rocks and the Maduro Edge Torpedo. The wrapper was a lovely dark maduro and no major flaws were found. The pre-light ceremony of clipping and testing the draw were quickly performed. I was surprised at the flavor in this cigar even prior to lighting it.

Torching this cigar was like lighting heaven as the bold spicy smoke hit my palate. This is a very bold cigar, but it does not have the harshness of some of my other favorites. It reminds me of the Partagas Black or CAO Brazilia without the roughness. The texture in the smoke hinted of silk and cream, never a harsh tone in it. The flavors in this smooth lover overwhelmed me. The lingering aroma of Spanish Cedar from sitting in my humidor along with the strong coffee and chocolate flavors with several other minute flavors that make the Evan Williams and Edge perfect compliments for each other.

The burn was flawless and did not require a touch up through the entire sitting. The ash also held on well and took a fairly hard tap to remove it. I had no issues with the wrapper while smoking which is even more proof of the great construction of this cigar.

The Edge is a fairly new release and still rather hard to get, but I suggest you keep your eye open for it and maybe even beg you local shop to carry them. If you have a cigar smoker you need a Christmas present for I would not hesitate to recommend these. You may also want to try others of the Rocky Patel line. The Vintage 90 and 92 are wonderful cigars along with the Sun Grown which I have heard good things about but have yet to smoke it.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nice review dude....and you know what? I know it's probably wrong (being a cartoon and all) but I really like your avatar...there's just something that appeals to me about it...not sure exactly what...lol. I just can't help it....hehehe

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Bouncy...bouncy...bouncy...bouncy...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:dancing:

Sounds like a good cigar, I'll have to try one out if I can find them. Friggin boxed in the hundred count though??? That's alot of cigars!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Haven't tried these yet, but I've only heard good things about them. I'll have to trek down to the cigar shop and see if they've got them in stock.

TYLER

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I have yet to try a RP. Might have to torch the one I have sitting in the humi.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fired up one of these last night, while getting my ass kicked in poker with a few friends/co-workers...

Very pleasant smoke, I didnt get to concentrate too much on the flavors and such, but it was very enjoyable...

That was the only one I had (gifted by AllanF), and would surely like to get my paws on some more of em to keep in the humi.. damn good smoke i thought!

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Enjoying an Edge maddie right now - and oh so super oily. Draw, burn and construction is nearly flawless. Started off with alot of bite for the first half inch but has since settled into a nice chocolatey velvet in the back of my mouth. This cigar does build up alot of tar and provided one of the coolest looking purges, ever - heh...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got Corojo and Maduro (torpedo) samples from Indian Tabac on my last order. I tried the Corojo the other night. Lots of flavor, plenty of smoke. VERY STRONG cigar. It kicks a$$. While my "handle" denotes my love for the Maduro wrapper, I'm expecting to get an a$$ whippin' on the Edge Maduro.

MY $0.02 WORTH: I don't think they're worth the $5 price tag.

HOWEVER, I truly enjoy the RP line, both the '90s and '92s, but prefer the 92 line as it hangs into the medium strength range. Both vintages are very spicey. The sun grown Sumatra wrapper is exqusitely unique. PERFECT draw on these babies.

I normally smoke the Churchills, but just bought into the Petite Corona ('92). VERY nice smoke, but it's aroused my curiousity and am buying into the '90 as well.

I have not met anyone who has tried this cigar and did not like it. They're a bit pricey, but worth every cent. The RP 1990 and 1992 Vintage Series is the only cigar from Indian Tabac that I plan to carry.

I've also tried the new "Sun Grown" line. Another very strong cigar, but very flavorful and enjoyable.

-MM

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I am still looking for some... My local shop apparently had a falling out with them a few years back so they do not get much of their product anymore......