What's new

The great smoke 2019 ~ south Florida

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, I've thought about it but $150 for a 4 hour event plus travel and room seems a bit steep. If I was local and I could attend all the events I'd consider it but the pre-event parties and afterparties are normally really crowded. The DE Barn Smokes are $100 for all day with plenty of food and drink

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea, I've thought about it but $150 for a 4 hour event plus travel and room seems a bit steep. If I was local and I could attend all the events I'd consider it but the pre-event parties and afterparties are normally really crowded. The DE Barn Smokes are $100 for all day with plenty of food and drink
Yeah very good point about the event being a short time didn’t think about that.
Definitely will be expensive considering me and my buddy are gonna fly from New Jersey and stay for the entire weekend.

Good thing though with that $150 ticket price you also receive 45 cigars. Hopefully some good ones in there.

Can’t wait to hit a barnsmoker in 2019, those seem like an awesome time.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sure you'll have a great time and it'll be worth the effort just to visit the area, plus you're supporting a good cause.

You're an hour and a half away from Little Havana in Miami if you decide to rent a car and do some traveling. Very historic, lots of neat cigar shops, good coffee, maybe worth a look see if you're not down that way very often. It's not what it once was but still pretty neat place to visit. Padron and Perdomo have headquarters there plus Willie Herrera's family has a factory rolling some great cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure you'll have a great time and it'll be worth the effort just to visit the area, plus you're supporting a good cause.

You're an hour and a half away from Little Havana in Miami if you decide to rent a car and do some traveling. Very historic, lots of neat cigar shops, good coffee, maybe worth a look see if you're not down that way very often. It's not what it once was but still pretty neat place to visit. Padron and Perdomo have headquarters there plus Willie Herrera's family has a factory rolling some great cigars.
Nice thanks for the suggestions I am very unfamiliar with the area so that sounds awesome. :cigar:

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
you also receive 45 cigars. Hopefully some good ones in there.

Can’t wait to hit a barnsmoker in 2019, those seem like an awesome time.
I hope I'm wrong, but I predict a lot of Rocky Patels in your future...

The barn smokers are good though - I think they sell out fast, so sign up to get an email when tickets go on sale

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
A few tips:
If possible, fly into Fort Lauderdale not MIA. It's closer to your destination and a lot less congested as airports go.
Driving Dade/Broward Co. can be very confusing and it's always congested. I'd stick with a car service like Uber.
Hitting Little Havana is a great suggestion. It kisses Down Town Miami and is well worth the effort. 8th street is nothing but cigar and alcohol bars.
Lastly, be sure to try a Cuban sandwich. They are so damn good!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Since I'm a fence sitter when it comes to spending money and not knowing what I'm going to get in return I hope you post a cigar list and tell us all about the trip. It's not real hard to talk me into a good time!!

There again, not knowing how much time you have and how much you're going to travel around, Ybor in Tampa is a good cigar trip also.