What's new

The Head Blade

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have been shaving my head for about 4 years and the Head Blade has been a curiosity to me. Well I bought one yesterday and attempted to shave my head with it. I might as well have invited this guy :ninja: over to shave me. I cut myself in 4 places! A quarter size cut on the back of my head. Blood everywhere!

Well I'll have to give it a week or so to heal again and the go back to my old routine: Shower, Total Shaving Solution Oil, Edge gel with the Sharper Image Gel warmer and a Mach 3 for the back and sides and a Shick Extreme for the top.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don't know if my head can hold up to "getting used to the ergonomics":laugh: :laugh: . Even when I first started shaving my head I never cut myself like this.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's got to be smooth, Poni...........just not sure that I can use the Head Blade to accomplish it.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have tried the head blade on and off over the past couple years. I have never been able to get the hang of it. It doesn't seem to curve to my big head. Couple be the flat non flexiable blade it uses. I think if you could put a Mach 3 blade on it, it would be great. However, I have a friend that loves it. I just stick to my Mach 3. I also use Aveeno shave gel. It contains natural soy components. I have had a lot less nicks and razor burn since I been using it. They also have a couple other types.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Might have to give the Aveeno a try. The oil I use works great to eliminate cuts and nicks and also works great in the shower. The Extreme razor is the way to go for the top of the head, the flexible blade fits flat on the curve of the head.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
geckoheart said:
I don't know if my head can hold up to "getting used to the ergonomics":laugh: :laugh: . Even when I first started shaving my head I never cut myself like this.
Good point. :frownno: :ninja:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've used the HeadBlade for a couple of years and over all I love it no closer shave BUT when it acks out it's a mess! I haven't shaved my head in a couple of months due to not being awake and a divit to the back of my head. I let the wound heal and just havn't gone back to the shaved look yet. I will tell you to keep even pressure on it and I use alot of soap. How many Brothers shave their heads here?

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just can't get over people who intentionally shave their heads when I'd almost kill to have my hair back!

:stickbeat

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hal said:
I just can't get over people who intentionally shave their heads when I'd almost kill to have my hair back! :stickbeat
I've got very little left to keep up with. Easier just to get rid of it then try and keep what I have looking right. Well I could start working on the extreme combover..................:frown: not enough left to do that either.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hal said:
I just can't get over people who intentionally shave their heads when I'd almost kill to have my hair back!

:stickbeat
My hair was missing in all the wrong places. It looked like hell. It looked neat after a shower until exposed to wind, hat, bed, anything. Haven't had that probelm in 3 years now. That gismo does not look easier that a cheap plastic razor with a carefully guided hand.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I started to lose my hear at 18. The hair lined stated to receed which made my forehead look like a huge billboard. THen it started to thin in the back and leave a noticable open spot. So I went home looked in the mirror and said if it was meant to go then it was meant to be shaved. Now over ten years later I'm still shaving my head 3 times a week.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I used to shave mine with a number one on the clipper... I did this during football so that my hair would not get in my eyes... I couldnt go bald cause my mom did not like it at all

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to shave my head because it was a hell of alot easier than keeping hair. I then decided to keep a buzz but recently I grew it out just to see why I didn't keep it long. I think I'll have my head shaved soon. Hopefully it will go grey quicker.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I keep my hair short but not that short. It just seems like too much work to go with the full shave? Although, if I was going bald I would certainly be an option.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have given the headblade a few more tries. Everything has gone well. Also picked up a bottle of their HeadSlick shaving cream. That stuff works great. My advice with the headblade, take it slow.