What's new

The Makings of a Horror Movie

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ha...ha...ha....What fishing spot, I don't care if they never came back. I wouldn't know because I wouldn't be back my damn self! Say Bye...Bye. Nice find Dan Sheesh!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
They say it taste like chicken, then again everything taste like chicken.?

p.s What you haven't had gator Dan<---- Im surprised.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
What you haven't had gator Dan<---- Im surprised.
:laugh: Haven't really made it that far south that it would show up on a menu and even the specialty stores around here aren't that specialty. I have had other stuff like emu jerky and rattlesnake. The emu jerky was bland and the rattlesnake a little tough (I suspect though the chef may have overcooked it :dunno:). Then of course there is my favorite...pan fried squirrel :drool:. My wife gives me crap for it, but man I love me some squirrel. I used to hunt with a friend of mine in high school quite a bit and his grandma would cook some up when we got back. Mmm, I've never been able to duplicate how she did it :crytears:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ooooooooh Nooooooo.......you didn't say squirrel! I gotta nest of them on my roof I even throw them a little food, never looked at them as um....food! Im trying to shake that one!
Nice visual my friend Thanks.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hey, Dan... they have gator chunks at Turtlehead's. Or at least, used to. I've had them a couple of times. They're battered and deep fried. They were about the consistency of white chicken meat. Different in flavor, and very tasty!

And I can't remember where, but there is some store around town, that in their freezer section, has alligator meat. Damn, I can't remember where...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Makes our little side trip last week look like a swim in the park:

Maybe if they let us feed them, things like that wouldn't happen:

(and yes, that's a gator in the lower center of the picture.)

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Kinda a richer, sweeter version of chicken to me!

....and before you ask, No, I don't have nothing to do with the "flying rats" that Dan so loves to eat!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Try as we might we just can't seem to keep them Florida Gators out of Georgia!

Fried gator, sauteed gator, blackened gator, stewed gator... it's all good! Here's some gumbo I made with gator tail, it's the darker white meat in the pic. (Had too cook it some more after the pic, okra wasn't done.)