What's new

The Shred Thread

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What do you do for fun? Show us your pics of your indoor or outdoor adventures. Ski, Snowboard, Hiking, Skateboarding, Surfing, Golf, Bocci Ball, etc, etc...doesn't matter.
Here's some photos from my birthday(now known as Capitol Insurrection day) at Northstar Resort in North Lake Tahoe. It was an excellent day!
I got all my bases covered in this photo. I'm always prepared.
IMG_8970.JPG
Lake Tahoe below the mountains in the backround

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I hiked for 5.6 miles this morning behind our house. A beautiful day to shred some dirt with hiking boots!
Going up our road to head into the woods. Looks like some Thundy's building.
This footbridge leads to our swimming hole
Da swimmin' hole
Some old rock walls. Nobody knows what they where used for.
And back to Casa Mateo Culo Bien Feo!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I haven't been on a board in 30 years. I would be afraid to try again at this point. I skated a lot when I was in elementary school though. My older cousin lived with us and passed on his love of boards and punk music.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I haven't been on a board in 30 years. I would be afraid to try again at this point. I skated a lot when I was in elementary school though. My older cousin lived with us and passed on his love of boards and punk music.
Awesome! I'm still skating at 47, but I hit a twig at the skatepark a couple months ago, and did a "superman" onto the concrete, so I haven't been since. I'm thinking about heading over to the park today. Helmet, Pads, wristguards...I'll be looking like Robocop.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nice board!! I snowboard at least a dozen times a year. I used to work at Lib Tech in Sequim such a fun job in the summer while I was in college.

What mountain is that? Snow looks great.
I'm jealous! That must have been fun working there. I'm definitely a Lib Tech Lifer. Those photos are from Northstar ski resort in North Lake Tahoe.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lived in Reno for almost 14 yrs.
Not a winter sports enthusiast in the slightest, but my hunt for Golden Trout (fly fishing) had me hiking at elevation all over the Sierras.
Your photos bring back some very good memories. (y)
Do you still go fishing? If you have some, show us pics of your fishing adventures!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Nah, the closest decent body of water is over an hour away. Did I mention I'm lazy?
My Reno apartment was a stones throw away from the Truckee. I'd cast a line both before and after work for Browns and White fish. It was great.
Plus, I had Truckee, CA, barely a half hour away. The entire area is loaded with tributaries.
Sorry, no pictures. I only fly fished alone (reel and bait casting was different) and this was way before smartphones.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nah, the closest decent body of water is over an hour away. Did I mention I'm lazy?
My Reno apartment was a stones throw away from the Truckee. I'd cast a line both before and after work for Browns and White fish. It was great.
Plus, I had Truckee, CA, barely a half hour away. The entire area is loaded with tributaries.
Sorry, no pictures. I only fly fished alone (reel and bait casting was different) and this was way before smartphones.
Do you know where Sierraville is? It's a half hour north of Truckee on Hwy 89. That's where I reside now after living in Truckee for many years. Truckee is so exploited now. I just call it Suckee. We had to get out. The Sierra Valley is like Truckee was 40+ years ago...Old School. I love it!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
No, but I do now. :LOL:
I was most likely there and didn't know it. I didn't pay much attention to the names of cities and towns I combed through.
I'd drive all over between Truckee and Quincy looking for less fished areas away from others.
You live in the heart of God's country there. Absolutely beautiful area.

That sucks about the city of Truckee.
It was not as you describe back in the 90s, from what I remember.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
No, but I do now. :LOL:
I was most likely there and didn't know it. I didn't pay much attention to the names of cities and towns I combed through.
I'd drive all over between Truckee and Quincy looking for less fished areas away from others.
You live in the heart of God's country there. Absolutely beautiful area.

That sucks about the city of Truckee.
It was not as you describe back in the 90s, from what I remember.
We're about halfway between Truckee and Quincy, so you probably did come through here, but it's a town of 350. If you blink, you'll miss it. I grew up in Healdsburg, Ca just north of Santa Rosa and about 45 minutes north of San Francisco. Big time wine country. It used to be totally off the radar and just like Truckee it's ruined now. $$$$$$$

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I grew up in SoCal, went to Cal Poly SLO. Spent quite a bit of time in central and northern CA. Used to fish the early fall Salmon run on the OR side of the Rogue river.
My wife and I love Santa Rosa; especially for the micro pubs. Very sad what the forest fires did to that cute town.
We haven't been back since the fires, but have friends in Sebastopol that kept us abreast.
A long date in Reno would be to visit Monterey Bay, then drive up to Santa Rosa. We'd stay in SR and catch lunch in Bodega Bay.
If my girlfriend at the time enjoyed wine we'd hit a few vineyards as we were heading home.
The whole area is gorgeous.