What's new

The things people do

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thought I would share this here. As i mentioned in a previous thread I donated a bottle of Van Winkle Lot B for the local hospital auxiliary Christmas auction. They use this money to provide transportation and other services for those in need. The bottle went for $1000. I am still amazed at what people will pay for this bourbon. The bidding was near fever pitch. I would never sale one on the secondary market but it did my old heart good to see how much money it raised for this worthy cause. Made my evening.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
People go absolutely insane and will pay insane prices for any Pappy bottles on the secondary market.

But to see how generous you were to donate a bottle to a great cause makes it worth so much more! Great work Dave!

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Seeing the title of this thread, and being posted in the libations section, I assumed it would be a thread about things people do when they're drunk. Normally I'd be disappointed that it wasn't, but seeing the good things here, I'm not disappointed at all. Good work, brother (y)

We do need a thread about drunk people doing stupid shit though, I imagine it would be hilarious

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very cool thing to do for Charity....can't find one thing negative to say at all. I have tried Pappys from a rich friend who had a bottle to gloat among our Golf 4-some at the Palm Beach Country Club ( I was a guest obviously ) and he had a bottle of the 20 year....it cost around $5K...and while it was really good I'd never pay more than $500 for it with my liquor budget....plus the fact I'd have to already be drunk enough to buy it at $500

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I imagine it going for charity helped it go up in price - I usually see lot B go for the $350-600 range