What's new

The weekend half-wheel

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Day 1. Saturday, 10:11 a.m.: Drinking cappuccino and contemplating the viability of making 50 cigars this weekend. Figure my average rate is 6 per hour; 5 mins to bunch one, 5 mins to wrap one. But, I am also hand-cutting labels with rounded middles for each one, that's another couple minutes per stick. So, 9-10 hours, maybe five hours a day for Saturday/Sunday. Can I find that time? I think so. Hopefully Michelle's got a long shopping trip planned. That's when I'll make my first move....
[11:31 a.m.] Breakfast eaten, first bunch in the mold. Now to start prep'n some wrapper for tomorrow.
[12:29 p.m. ] pre-preppin' binder after the first bunch rotation.
[1:48 p.m.] Second batch of bunches into the mold and under the "chair press."
[5:42 p.m.] Third round of bunches under the press. Kinda laggin' cuz had to intermittently help gf with taxes all day. Next: martinis and hors oeuvres. Then check on wrapper casing situation....
[7:08 p.m.] Completed the martini side-mission, then unfurled, re-misted, pressed flat, and re-bagged the 30 wrapper leaves (15 dark, 15 light). Rotated the bunches.
[7:16 p.m.] OMG just realized that Marc L's Trader Joe's pic has fifty-EIGHT sticks in it! That's the real meme here, isn't it? Not just one TJ half-wheel, but a TJ half-wheel +8! FCUK......!!!!
[9:01 p.m.] Steak'n'shrimp side-mission done; fourth batch o bunches under the press.
[9:59 p.m.] Commencing to bunch final mold-full of the evening.
Day 2. Sunday.
[7:38 a.m.] Drinking coffee, reading the paper. I think I made it to 54 bunches last night.
[8:52 a.m.] First six rolled. Time to think about designing the labels, something different for each of the four blends.
[9:26 a.m.] First labels designed,printed, cut and applied.
[10:53 a.m.] Michelle returns from shopping. Got me a single malt because she said I looked a little stressed, and a bottle of Bacardi Gold because I mentioned mojo juice to her over cocktails last night. I need this single malt right abouts now.
[9:42 p.m.] Done.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Decided to hold off on the Trader-Joe's half-wheel shot until I do another 8 rolls so I can do the fifty+8. Here's the first fifty, though. Five blends, two wrappers each: Shade and Brazilian. I don't know about the whole rolling fast thing. I dig the slow and conscientious method more, but this was a good exercise and allowed me to experiment with various techniques in a continuous flow. So that was good.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Decided to hold off on the Trader-Joe's half-wheel shot until I do another 8 rolls so I can do the fifty+8. Here's the first fifty, though. Five blends, two wrappers each: Shade and Brazilian. I don't know about the whole rolling fast thing. I dig the slow and conscientious method more, but this was a good exercise and allowed me to experiment with various techniques in a continuous flow. So that was good.
Those look tasty and I dig the bands