What's new

The Wife’s New Ride

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m happy and excited for my wife. Having ordered it about two months ago...before it was even built...we picked her new car today: a 2018 Mazda CX-5 with almost all the bells and whistles.

I love my F-150 but this thing as it beat on amenities. It even has heated wipers and steering wheel. She also had a remote start installed...her first. Her last two vehicles were red(ish) and she didn’t want another but Mazda has a unique red, composed of multiple layers that give it depth and amazing highlights. When she first saw it on the lot, she changed her mind on the spot.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Beatiful car Brett!

I’ve been a Mazda fan for a number of years now and think the CX-5 is an awesome ride. I have a Mazda6, my daughter drives a Mazda3 and my wife had a CX-5 until she traded it in because we got a great lease deal on a RAV4. Some days I kinda wish we had kept though. IMO one of the best looking cars on the road.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I took “Ruby”...my wife names her cars and my latest truck (“Dumbo”)...on a short drive yesterday. Nothing strenuous, just a country loop in our area, where we stopped and took the picture above. I turned around at an airfield service gate and got into about 4 inches of soft snow. Not a challenging test but it tracked confidently through the turn.

Me, I’ve never taken much note of Mazda since I have no interest in driving anything other than a truck. I have to say, though, everywhere I look on this car, there’s a nice touch. The wheel wells are fully lined, which was a dealer option on my truck. I set up the driver seat position memory today and not only does it have the typical buttons (x2) it also distinguishes between whose key fob opens the door and automatically sets the seat for that driver. It also remembers the settings for the heads up display.

Her old car, a Volkswagen Tiguan, was nice but didn’t have all the bells and whistles this one does. The audio system sucked as far as Bluetooth integration was concerned, so she never used it. This one pretty much fully integrates with her iPone music and calling features, plays them through a Bose sound system, and has its own voice recognition system. The center console storage compartment sports two USB connectors and there are two grooves under the lid for routing cables without pinching. The rear seat fold down arm rest also has two USB ports, along with the usual cup holders...and controls for the rear heated seats.

I could go on and I have to admit that besides being impressed with her choice, I’m geeking out on the doodads...and playing tech support. I’m the one who likes reading the manual. She just likes to drive it and have it work the way it’s supposed to. So it’s my job to set the technical stuff up, translate the jargon, and provide some OJT.