What's new

Thieven Weasel Review

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Bolivar Especiales No. 2 RE '09 (Germany)

# Size: 7 1/2 x 38
# Shape: Long Panatela
# Wrapper: Cuba
# Filler: Cuba
# Binder: Cuba

Regional Edition offering from Habanos, this is the first ever thin ring gauge RE cigar.

Beverage: Cola
Day: Beautiful upper 70s with a little wind on back patio

P.S. Camera sucks...all blurry:)

Appearance: 9/10
The wrapper is a beautiful chocolate brown with no imperfections what so ever to the leaf. The only vein on the length of the cigar was right between the cap and the band. That is the only reason that a point was deducted…it does not bother me though And I have to say I just love the second bands on the cigar. I know that it goes without saying…but it just adds that much more to the appearance.

Prelight: 10/10
The cut was perfect through the triple cap. The pre-draw had hints of chocolate, raisins, and fresh tobacco. Draw is amazing for this size vitola…best I have ever had for a pre-light.

1/3: 7/10
“Nice” fresh tobacco taste to it. I use nice because there is a fine line in my book between a good fresh and a bad fresh. I enjoy this fresh. There is a subtle note of sweetness but for the most part it has the typical grassy tobacco taste from a fresh Cuban. Don’t get me wrong…I enjoy very much go. Ash is a dark gray and is falling off in ¾” segments. Great starter for the day.

2/3: 7/10
The slight sweetness has subsided and all that is left is the beautiful tobacco taste. This is where you can start to feel the age of the cigar. I know that some refer to it as young, stupid, or dumb…but it still just has a great characteristic to it. No flash…no bang…just delicious tobacco.

3/3: 7/10
Same as the 2/3 with the taste of the delicious tobacco. The last 2 inches picked up a bit, but I mostly account that to the late stage of the cigar.
Overall it was a great stick! But it definitely needs a little more time in the humi! Not a lot of flash or bang…but I kind of suspected that before I started! I did thoroughly enjoy it and cannot thank Cliff enough for both the contest and the great stick! What a great way to start of my 29th year here on earth!

Thank you brother and thank you all for listening!!! Nick

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Great review Nick :thumbsup: I had a feeling this cigar could be hit or miss. Good thing it wasn't a miss and will hopefully be a hit in a few years.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nice review and pics bro! I'm with you as it's a pretty good cigar I think we should touch these for maybe a couple years and they will start to really be spectacular.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I was gonna smoke/review mine today, but B&M did not stay open till 11 like they should... will burn tomorrow!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great review, Nick! I tried these last fall when they came out and was very happy. So happy, I got a box of 'em. I can't believe I've left them untouched in my humidor for the last 6 months! I do get them from the local B&M from time to time and enjoy them with my morning coffee. I think they are a great cigar that will only get better.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Nice review, sounds like a really enjoyable smoke. I've never tried any Bolivars my self but I suppose there is no better time to broaden the horizons ;)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I made that!!! LOL! Really...I did! It is my "leave it outside" ashtray! I actually just got a nice new Prometheus ashtray from Adam for my bday...just did not want to let it sit outside! LOL!
very nice review! and as far as the ashtray goes... I would venture to say it has "character" :thumbsup: