What's new

Thievin' Weasel Review - Cohiba Piramides LE 2006

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
After much ado, I was finally able to smoke this wonderful gem and get a review knocked out. I have never been able to pick up flavors in a cigar, such as chocolate, cedar, coffee, walnut, etc. and I tried desperately during this cigar, as it is my first official review. So, after reading some reviews about this cigar and trying to pick out notes of certain flavors that have been identified by others, here is what I came up with.

I enoyed this cigar on a nice cool evening with slight humidity, drinking a glass of ice water.

Appearance: the wrapper had one prominant vein, which I see frequently in CCs. The wrapper was a beautiful caramel color with a wonderful oily shine. Construction was wonderful and consistant, no soft spots or plugs throughout. The aroma was sweet and wonderful, which I can only describe as rich and shouting "you're going to love this!"

Pre-light draw: perfect. That sums it up! Not too tight, but not too loose. Just right. A nice sweet flavor with a slight hint of chocolate prevailing.

Light: I lit the cigar with a torch lighter, paying close attention to toast it in a way to ensure an even burn. The cigar lit perfectly.

First Third: The cigar started out as a medium smoke. The flavor was consistant with the pre-light aroma and draw, smooth, creamy, and very, very slight hints of chocolate and caramel. The thick billowing smoke was wonderful, and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Second Third: Toward the middle of the second third, things mellowed out a bit and I experienced nice, creamy flavor and billowing smoke. However, toward the latter part of the second third, the cigar picked it up a notch, and is now a medium-full smoke. The flavor has intensified as well, but I am unable to denote any more flavors. Toward the end of the second third, I started to feel the smoke take a turn for the worst: the sour cigar. However, I gave it a good purge, gave it a little rest, purged again, and voila! Back in business. The burn was slightly inconsistant, but needed very little correction. On a side-note, I'm kind of OCD, so I tend to touch up the cigar even when it will correct itself. Even so, I allowed this one to correct itself and it did not result in any canoeing, etc.

Last Third: This wonderful beauty ended wonderfully. The cap never unraveled, proving to be resilient! The cigar ended a medium-full cigar, with more bold flavors toward the end. I can honestly say it wasn't the most dynamic cigar, but it was very consistant and it delivered a wonderful smoking experience! The total smoke time was about 80 minutes.

Thanks, cvm4, for this wonderful experience! Greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Great review Brian! I wish I could afford to get a box of the Cohibas for sure. This is definatly the size of cigar I would get if possible and I know the one I got from Pooh Bore was very nice and enjoyable.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Nice review. Thinking back to the game, I initially was hoping to steal this cigar, but some inconsistant reviews left me wary. Nobody swiped my cigar from me, so it's a moot point. Didn't you steal this from DPrice? I'm really glad I ended up with what I had.