What's new

Thinking about getting a DuPont?

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm not sure how many of you BOTLs are aware that S.T. DuPont's factory in France burned down early this year. I was talking to another employee at the B&M I work at and apparently he spoke to our DuPont rep about it not too long ago. Again, not sure if this is new news or not, but it turns out that DuPont lost all of their molds in the fire. This could mean that DuPont prices, at least for the higher-end models, could rise in the future. Just a heads up if you're on the fence about getting a lighter then you might want to do it sooner than later. I'm not sure if prices on Xtends or any of their standard stuff (ligne 1, 2, Gatsby, etc.) will rise considerably, but it would not be unrasonable to expect prices on existing DuPont limited editions to rise in the near-ish future (maybe they won't re-make the limited edition molds or something).
Sorry if it's old news, but I just found out about the loss of all the molds and thought I would spread the word in case it ends up saving a brother a buck or two.
I would assume DuPont won't raise prices on regular stuff too terribly because they would have had insurance, but I would guess that any limited-edition runs that were halted due to the fire will not be continued.

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Since I've been working at the B&M, I've been more and more tempted to get a nice DuPont. I get a pretty cool discount, and it'll just come out of my paycheck. Plus, if you know how to use it correctly (cause if you abuse it it'll bite you in the ass), the S.T. DuPont 'ping' is the official mating call of the North American Golddigger (and Golddiggers in Europe and Asia). The world-renowned 'ping' is known to be heard for miles by the most gorgeous women in the world, who will conveniently scatter after finding out that the owner does not actually have millions of dollars (but not before mating at least once or twice!).

TYLER

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Since I've been working at the B&M, I've been more and more tempted to get a nice DuPont. I get a pretty cool discount, and it'll just come out of my paycheck. Plus, if you know how to use it correctly (cause if you abuse it it'll bite you in the ass), the S.T. DuPont 'ping' is the official mating call of the North American Golddigger (and Golddiggers in Europe and Asia). The world-renowned 'ping' is known to be heard for miles by the most gorgeous women in the world, who will conveniently scatter after finding out that the owner does not actually have millions of dollars (but not before mating at least once or twice!).

TYLER
well if it works that well i may have to get one...