What's new

This new Aphex Twin album...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Anybody wanna talk about this new Aphex Twin album? I have it on while I am working... reminds me of a jittery version of "Selected Ambient Vol1." Then again, I am only on track 4...

Anybody else got thoughts on it?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I've been eyeballing it but haven't bought it yet. Really like RDJ just haven't pulled the trigger. Curious to know what you think once you make it through the album.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I've been eyeballing it but haven't bought it yet. Really like RDJ just haven't pulled the trigger. Curious to know what you think once you make it through the album.
On first listen, I am thinking that if you like the stuff he was making under the "Analord" moniker, it is not a disappointing album, but there aren't any standout tracks like Alberto Balsam, Fingerbib, Girl/Boy, Flim, IZUS, or Vordhosbn (these songs get me every time)

All his stuff grows on me the more i listen to it... maybe by the 30th listen, I'll love it more?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Nice. It's been a couple years since I've really been on an IDM kick. Might be a good time to break back in. drukqs is a great album, so I'm getting more and more curious to see how he followed it up since this is his first full length under Aphex since. I never really listened to the Analord sessions. I may have to dig into those as well. Thanks!