What's new

This whole craft whiskey thing is going to far

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had some French Oak finished cask whiskies that can hold their own and I have a bottle of Tennesse whiskey finished with chocolate nibs that has just the slightest hint of dark dry chocolate. It's pretty nice as an after dinner drink.

When you start using seafood and in my opinion wine, especially port casks finishes it's a bit much. I can't handle Basil Hayden Rye because of the port barrel finish.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Then there’s the mezcal made with raw chicken:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Then there’s the mezcal made with raw chicken:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This just took a turn for the worse. :sick:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
When you start using seafood and in my opinion wine, especially port casks finishes it's a bit much. I can't handle Basil Hayden Rye because of the port barrel finish.
The Basil Hayden Dark Rye was my first ever drain pour. I wouldn't even consider serving it to my enemies.

I'm not a fan of any of the wine finishes either, if I want sweet, I'll choose something sweet.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I honestly think getting into bourbon may have ruined rum for me. Unless I find a super high proofer or something...it all tastes like sugar water now.
I've heard some of the cask strength rums (including some finished in whiskey barrels) are more satisfying to bourbon drinkers. I've only tried one that a friend sent me, it was close to 140 proof but amazing and not too sweet at all.