What's new

This years pepper plants 2015

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This years pepper plants just arrived....all the way from New Jersey lol. In case your keeping count:

7 pot habanero
Jamaican Red habanero
Reginas red hot habaneros
Trinidad scorpion
Habanero Reds
Sun Sugar FT Hybrid tomato plant

Going to plant 3 into one of these, VegTrug, to see if they grow any bigger.

"....".................................................................

Well here they are up to this point...strong growth from all of the. With the ones in the elevated bed doing the best. Maybe it was the soil? I used ladybug organic soil and added a ton of pearlite so the soil would stay loose and drain as this was my first year growing in it I wasn't sure what would work best. Blooms on most of the peppers and a few small cherry tomatoes growing.

Left to right... Habana jamacian red.....Trinidad scorpion.....Reginas red hots

[/URL

7 pot bubblegum.......jamacian red chili

The lone sunsugar hybrid tomato plant

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This years pepper plants just arrived....all the way from New Jersey lol. In case your keeping count:

7 pot habanero
Jamaican Red habanero
Reginas red hot habaneros
Trinidad scorpion
Habanero Reds
Sun Sugar FT Hybrid tomato plant

Going to plant 3 into one of these, VegTrug, to see if they grow any bigger.

"....".................................................................

Well here they are up to this point...strong growth from all of the. With the ones in the elevated bed doing the best. Maybe it was the soil? I used ladybug organic soil and added a ton of pearlite so the soil would stay loose and drain as this was my first year growing in it I wasn't sure what would work best. Blooms on most of the peppers and a few small cherry tomatoes growing.

Left to right... Habana jamacian red.....Trinidad scorpion.....Reginas red hots

[/URL

7 pot bubblegum.......jamacian red chili

The lone sunsugar hybrid tomato plant
Do you ever save the seeds from any of them?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Looks like they are doing really well. Personally I can't take the intense heat, but take my hat off to those who can. I grow a few mild peppers but mostly focus on tomatoes. Tried a couple of new to me peppers this year, Shashito (Japanese) and Cubanelle (Cuban). Both mild and sweet. Easier on this old mans intestines and my wife won't eat the heat.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have been working on improving the garden soil each year. One thing I did was add 12 dozen earthworms to the garden. 6 dozen nightcrawlers and 6 dozen red wigglers. Both seem to be doing well.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks yall. Been putting the worms I find in the yard after rains in the elevated bed. Will update the thread as the plants progress. Always fun growing these peppers, I think they look great and love the heat. I eat them raw :). Gift them. And give some to the local farm to market restaraunt by me to see what they use them in.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The author, Jeff Lowenfels, is an Anchorage local. I'm no gardener but I've listened to his radio show many times and read a few of his articles in the daily rag. He's an entertaining fellow and has forgotten, I'm sure, more than I will ever know about gardening.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I've never seen plants shipped like that before, that's pretty cool. I like that plant bed thing, that's giving me some ideas so I can plant more plants.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks like we have a few things in common HIm. Cigars, peppers, and homebrew!
That we do! Actually just finishing up a batch of IPA at the brewery now. Just waiting to pitch this damn yeast and its cigar time lol.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Alot of growth in the past 2 1/2 weeks. I switched from a high nitrogen fertilizer to a high Phosphorus based fertilizer for more blooms and tighter bud sets. It's working lol.

Habanero Reds....never seen Habs this big before. 3 side to side are as long as my hand!

Scorpions

Nice big green healthy leaves on the Trinidad scorpion. Loving the Texas non summer!

Peppers out front doing almost as well as the ones in the raised planter with amended soil.

7pots are starting to get the pimply skin bumps