What's new

This years sausage production

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Love deer sausage! If you guys vacuum seal that stuff it can last a couple years in the freezer.
I agree, its a step worth taking for anything you expect to stay in the freezer that long. This stuff will most likely be gone in six months. Even on the good years when I kill an elk and 3-4 deer, we are out of wild game long before season rolls around again.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I agree, its a step worth taking for anything you expect to stay in the freezer that long. This stuff will most likely be gone in six months. Even on the good years when I kill an elk and 3-4 deer, we are out of wild game long before season rolls around again.
There's no better/worse feeling than pulling the last bag/steaks of venison out of the freezer. You know there is nothing left, but it gets the blood boiling again!!!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
That looks awesome brother!! (y) Does the sausage taste gamey? That's the knock I've heard on venison, but I've never actually tried it...

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I've never heard any complaints(not even from people that swear they hate wild game). Meat care and trim work make a big difference.
What he said. It is all about how well you take care of the meat. Sure, a rutting moose might have a little "game" to him, but thats a different story. If you take your time in trimming and get rid of all the "gamey" tasting stuff (silver skin, muscle membrane, blood damage etc.) it will taste amazing.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What he said. It is all about how well you take care of the meat. Sure, a rutting moose might have a little "game" to him, but thats a different story. If you take your time in trimming and get rid of all the "gamey" tasting stuff (silver skin, muscle membrane, blood damage etc.) it will taste amazing.
what he said, and don't cook the shit out of it. Medium rare at most!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If you're cook duck rare, just barely warm the center. We eat mainly game at our house. Whole family loves it.