What's new

Throwing Humidors Off the Roof - Drop Test

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Reminded me of a old time Hollywood publicity stunt. Recall a movie publicity stunt connect with the movie "Thirteen Ghosts", it was so scary the produce William Castle had manned Ambulances out side the movie theaters, just in case someone suffered a Heart Attack. The movie was not very scary, but the "publicity stunt" filled seats.

Like someone would actually going to drop a Travel Humidor off a high object 25 feet off ground, on two cement below. We're the hard hats nessessary? Not really.

Maybe Famous could have done a more dramatic Video with the Travel Humidor on the front seat of some Italian sports car, that was hit at 65 M.P.H. By a fully loader 18 wheeler.

Just my dumb idea to show off how tought XIKAR Tavel humidors are.:happy:

Last edited:

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Reminded me of a old time Hollywood publicity stunt. Recall a movie publicity stunt connect with the movie "Thirteen Ghosts", it was so scary the produce William Castle had manned Ambulances out side the movie theaters, just in case someone suffered a Heart Attack. The movie was not very scary, but the "publicity stunt" filled seats.
Correct - that movie was not very scary, but how does anything you said have anything to do with Famous dropping boxes off of a roof?

Like someone would actually going to drop a Travel Humidor off a high object 25 feet off ground, on two cement below. We're the hard hats nessessary? Not really.
Correct - nobody would actually drop their traveldor off a roof. However, that's not the point of this video. It is to show that generally speaking, there is nothing you can do that would be worse than what these guys did. Therefore, your cigars will be safe in their traveldor.

Maybe Famous could have done a more dramatic Video with the Travel Humidor on the front seat of some Italian sports car, that was hit at 65 M.P.H. By a fully loader 18 wheeler. Just my dumb idea to show off how tought XIKAR Tavel humidors are.:happy:
Correct - this is a dumb idea. You were just saying that it is pointless to drop a traveldor off of a 25-foot tall building and then you follow that statement with "let's destroy a car, too." What. The. Crap?

Last edited:

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Probably a more realistic test would have been tossing the travel humidor out of a car window at 65 mph and into the path of an oncoming 18 wheeler. Just don't see myself dropping one of the roof but I do know my wife's temper!!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Correct - that movie was not very scary, but how does anything you said have anything to do with Famous dropping boxes off of a roof?

Correct - nobody would actually drop their traveldor off a roof. However, that's not the point of this video. It is to show that generally speaking, there is nothing you can do that would be worse than what these guys did. Therefore, your cigars will be safe in their traveldor.

Correct - this is a dumb idea. You were just saying that it is pointless to drop a traveldor off of a 25-foot tall building and then you follow that statement with "let's destroy a car, too." What. The. Crap?

It's actually really funny broken down that way..