What's new

"time capsule" chest

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
So today I packed away a bunch of cigars in one of the 100ct rocky patel boxes I scored from the B&M. It has at least a fiver of various boxes ranging from LGC Limitada 2004s, Oliva MB3, some cloth banded Oliva Ole maddies, and various others. The box is packed and plan to let it sit for at least three years as sort of a time capsule deal.

Anyone else ever do something like this? I figure I took a fiver or a little more depending on what I had left and threw it in the box. This way I will have some smoked that are well aged and will be left undisturbed.

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
So today I packed away a bunch of cigars in one of the 100ct rocky patel boxes I scored from the B&M. It has at least a fiver of various boxes ranging from LGC Limitada 2004s, Oliva MB3, some cloth banded Oliva Ole maddies, and various others. The box is packed and plan to let it sit for at least three years as sort of a time capsule deal.

Anyone else ever do something like this? I figure I took a fiver or a little more depending on what I had left and threw it in the box. This way I will have some smoked that are well aged and will be left undisturbed.
ive got a few boxes of opus i am doing this to, but for five years :grin:

You still have that sealed cab of wizards?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
ive got a few boxes of opus i am doing this to, but for five years :grin:

You still have that sealed cab of wizards?
Well they're not sealed but it's a complete cab of 37. They're quietly resting in the cooler.

This big RP box is just a mix and match of the boxes I had stuck in my humidor that didn't still have it's own box due to my move from Turkey.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I'm going to pack the box a little better so the cigars don't move and then tie it closed or something along those lines.

I figure just buy more cigars and forget I have these; I did it with cigars five years ago and now I'm smoking some of them.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I'm going to pack the box a little better so the cigars don't move and then tie it closed or something along those lines.

I figure just buy more cigars and forget I have these; I did it with cigars five years ago and now I'm smoking some of them.
How often will you open to check humidity?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
How often will you open to check humidity?
The chest in a cooler with 2lbs of 65% beads. I pretty much stopped keeping a hygrometer in it since it always seemed to be spot on. I check the beads when I pull singles out of the various boxes then just recharge the beads when they're looking pretty white.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
When I started out and had prize smokes I knew I'd not get another chance at I'd band them with the year I'd allow them to burn. Maybe 3 per year or something. Kind of like a time capsul.