What's new

To cello or not to cello...this is my question

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys!!!

You all rock! I really enjoyed reading your posts...LOL. Already I feel very welcomed. I must admit that I posted the same question in another forum and was met with some snobbery?!!?? As if I'm supposed to "know" all of this.

Well I'm not posting there anymore of course. Happy Holidays to all...Peace on Earth...thank you all again. I think I'm going to leave the cello on/cigars in the tubo then. I could care less about aesthetics I want to do the best thing for my smokes.

Thanks again,

steelcitysmoker

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Welcome to BOTL. :waving:

I've read all the discussions on this subject ... going as far back as 1492 when Christopher Columbus first discovered the cello plant growing in the Bahamas. Fidel Castro was the chief of the Arawak indian tribe back then and really advocated wrapping everything up in this protective substance. Chris took the cello back to Europe and showed it to his friends the Earl of Saran, the Duke of Sandwich and the Prince of Ziplock. I'm sure you've heard of all the new and useful products that came from those guys.

As for me ... I generally remove the cello from my cigars prior to smoking. :glassesgr
Dude. Your really having a good time out there aren't you.:blob:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Guys!!!

You all rock! I really enjoyed reading your posts...LOL. Already I feel very welcomed. I must admit that I posted the same question in another forum and was met with some snobbery?!!?? As if I'm supposed to "know" all of this.
I think many people have had the same experience.

Those kind tend to gather where they find kindred spirits, while the good guys end up here.

I use cigars with cello on them as separators for the ones without. If two different types of stogies get together naked, it could result in an undesirable marriage.

:welcome:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Séamas;166607 said:
If two different types of stogies get together naked, it could result in an undesirable marriage.
I think this would take a very long time, and if you are storing your cigars that long, meaning years, they should probably be kept inside something like a tube or similar storage item.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... I must admit that I posted the same question in another forum and was met with some snobbery?!!?? As if I'm supposed to "know" all of this...
What you can't know as a newbie, but need to understand, is that there are some questions that have been asked and answered ad infinitum, and The Cello question is probably the grand-daddy of them all. So, if you ran into some apparent exasperation, it was probably because of some mild frustration and a feeling that the information was available by doing a search of the forum.

Welcome to BOTL and the Wonderful World of Cigars!:applause:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Guys!!!

steelcitysmoker
Plus its kinda the chicken or the egg. Every body has an answer, no one is right and no one is wrong. All personal preference. The folks here are really big on personal preference, opinions and hearing people out. Its a Brotherhood.

Welcome. Make sure you post in the intro thread and read the stickys at the top of each thread for really great info.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
It doesn't matter to me. If it comes with cello then I leave it alone and if it doesn't then I leave it alone.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
ya know, people worry about this way too much...it's supposed to be a relaxing hobby...don't waste good energy taking the cello off - use that energy to pour a drink, clip one of those bad boys, light it, and proceed to RELAX.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
ya know, people worry about this way too much...it's supposed to be a relaxing hobby...don't waste good energy taking the cello off - use that energy to pour a drink, clip one of those bad boys, light it, and proceed to RELAX.

Randy, I couldn't have said it better!!!!!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I made cello angels for our Christmas tree. All kinds of uses :stretchgr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cello is there to protect the wrapper during shipping and storage. It is a permeable material that allows the exchange of air and humidity, but at a slowed rate. It can protect the stogie from humidity spikes(like when you recharge your
humidification device) but can slow the aging process up to 60%. Most of the manufactures dislike the cello, but agree that it doesn't effect taste. So, cello on, or off? Entirely up to you.

FR8DOG