What's new

To premium or not

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Going to put-in-bay (Kelly's island actually) for a full week. 2-7th July. Weather is supposed to be soap. Slight chance of rain. Slight breeze. No where to smoke inside. Slightly covered patio at best. Should I bother with super premiums or not? I guess what I'm asking is does humidity and slight wind affect a cigar enough to change the taste from a tranquil environment. These are once in lifetime sticks I'm taking for possibly the last vacation our family will have in a while. So I'm a little nervous. Also I only have hard storage for 25 sticks. Im thinking maybe taking a super small coolerdor and just bring a lot. Bit then there's the space issue with that. Ugh. Need opinions please guys. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You have so much invested in the trip and the anticipation of the trip why worry about ruining it with cigars you won't enjoy? Bring the good ones and buy the cr*p there

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
i think with wind and rain it effects burn more than anything if you got them in a good sealed traveldor. bring some good ones you never know the rain may not show or maybe a couple hours of no rain you can squeeze in a good one

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Personally I'd bring what I enjoy on a vacation. But to answer the outdoor elements question, for me it definitely effects the experience. High humidity, the cigar may start out fine but as I burn it down the burn and flavor deteriorates. Winds , the burn is harder to mange and any enjoyable aroma is immediately blown away.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Even with hard storage for only 25 sticks that should be plenty. Realistically, unless you are smoking 5 sticks per day you are not going to smoke them all on a 5 day vacation. More than likely you will be smoking 2-3 per day at best because you will be doing some activities that may not conducive to smoking a cigar. Unless you will just be golfing and drinking poolside the whole time, in which case 25 (5 a day) is still probably enough.

Regarding the super premium question, if It were me, I would bring 5 along (enough for 1 per day). For me, smoking more than 1 super premium per day would take away from the "special" nature of the cigars. One per day would make the experience more memorable for me but that is just my take.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I may head up to putin bay this summer sometime with the wife... let me know how it was cigar wise. and with regard what to smoke... #smokeLFD

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I may head up to putin bay this summer sometime with the wife... let me know how it was cigar wise. and with regard what to smoke... #smokeLFD
Gtfo #LFDISTRASH

Take a mix for sure. If you're taking Cubans ... dry box them for a good week or two before smoking them if the humidity is high.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I took a mix when I was on vacation last week. I took a couple sticks from June '05 since we were celebrating our 12th anniversary, but I wasn't sure I would have the right venues to smoke them so I also brought a few cheapos for smoking on the beach or while doing stuff, as well as some decent sticks if I got the chance. Ended up getting two perfect locations to smoke the anniversary sticks, smoking a few of the decent sticks at a few parks, and a few cheapos while walking around the city and smoking in places where I might get asked to put them out. Worked out great!