What's new

to remove or not

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I need some help here. Really an easy question for the multitude of experience in this forum. I recently received 5 3-packs of PSD4's and also a box of 10 of Monte 4's. Should I remove them from the packs to put in my humidor or does it not make a difference? The RH is between 68-70 and temp is 70 degrees F +-2degrees. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I put cigars in my humi as they come from the manufacturer. All I generally do is remove the cellophane over-wrap, pop it open to inspect, and sometimes (but not always) remove some of the annoying bits of wax paper that float around inside some boxes.

Now I will admit that when I get 3 and 5 packs, I generally remove the cigars from the cardboard box and put them into a normal cedar cigar box, but that's because I store all my cigars in boxes. But it wouldn't hurt at all to store the cardboard in the humi.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If I am reading correctly, no matter what packaging the cigars come in, all cigars should be stored in a humidor for RH and possible temp control. Even cigars in metal or glass tubes should be stored in a humidor.

If I get singles or 5 packs I will look to store them in a cedar cabinet or dress box that matches the size close as possible to restrict airflow and is better storage for them.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I leave 'em as i get 'em (including cello when appropriate)

I would recommend dropping your rh to closer to 65% though considering the aforementioned smokes, but this is also a preference thing. If they smoke fine where you have them, and you like it there, than by all means leave it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Totally a personal preference thing, from what I gather.
I agree; however, I prefer to keep them in their box but this does take up more room in the humi. Although if the smokes come in a five pack box or something similiar, I usually take them out and store them naked.