What's new

To Tube ...... Or Not To tube........

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just lit up a '13 Upmann pc, I put this one in a tube 2 plus years ago, along with several others.

The flavors and aroma are stellar,much improved over what I recall when these were new.

The wrapper is oily and smooth,I do not see many like this from '16 and '17.

Have you tried tubing your cigars?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Are you referring to cigars that come in tubes? Or putting cigars that don't come in tubes, into tubes?

I wouldnt go out of my way to tube a cigar, but i do leave the ones that come in a tube in them without the cap on.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I got some tubed petit edmundos and im thinking about taking them all out because its not a cap tube like chuck refered too. Rather it is two piece where it meets in the middle and seals.

Nacho Daddy

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Upmann pcs don't come in tubes.
therefore if I put one in a tube, it was not already in a tube.
tubes seal, therefore it is sealed in a tube.
read the title, it mentions tubes.
if this is too confusing for some of you, I heartily recommend some remedial reading.

Dick and Jane.....
Look, look. See the cigar. Run, cigar , run!
Chuck wants to smoke you! Smoke, Chuck, Smoke !!
Chuck is turning GREEN. Puke, Chuck ,Puke !!

Jesus Henry Christ ,is this the pre-school BOTL page I am on?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
So when you say “tube”...

In all seriousness, I was a bit confused. “Tube” doesn’t necessarily mean a single aluminum tube from another cigar, it could mean something else, especially when you talk about putting more than one in. I didn’t know if you meant several cigars that do not come in tubes were put into individual tubes, or if you meant like one of those round humidors. Hence my question about tubos.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Upmann pcs don't come in tubes.
therefore if I put one in a tube, it was not already in a tube.
tubes seal, therefore it is sealed in a tube.
read the title, it mentions tubes.
if this is too confusing for some of you, I heartily recommend some remedial reading.

Dick and Jane.....
Look, look. See the cigar. Run, cigar , run!
Chuck wants to smoke you! Smoke, Chuck, Smoke !!
Chuck is turning GREEN. Puke, Chuck ,Puke !!

Jesus Henry Christ ,is this the pre-school BOTL page I am on?
You’re so confusing Tom. Next time be more specific. ;)

And nah, I wouldn’t go out of my way to tube somwthing that didn’t come in a tube.

I throw out the tubes immediately after I smoke the cigars I pull from them.

Good job Tom!

Nacho Daddy

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
So when you say “tube”...

In all seriousness, I was a bit confused. “Tube” doesn’t necessarily mean a single aluminum tube from another cigar, it could mean something else, especially when you talk about putting more than one in. I didn’t know if you meant several cigars that do not come in tubes were put into individual tubes, or if you meant like one of those round humidors. Hence my question about tubos.
actually I was referring to an inner tube.
like a tube-within-a-tube,only on the outside.
fill it with air and float downstream in your sandbox,or driveway,if you float that way.
don't over inflate, you will confuse people.... (see above missive, wherein the majority of conservatives cannot follow a simple melody..)
or a yellow brick intershire turnpath.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
To answer your original question @Nacho Daddy my experience is cigars age very well in sealed tubes. When a shipment of tubos arrive I check each one for mold and wipe off any I find. Then they go back into the tubes with the caps off and into the humi at desired rh. After a few days at desired rh the caps go back on and they get forgotten for a year or two or three. I have had some fantastic smokes from this technique. R&J Churchills come to mind.
But I have never tried sealing up smokes that didn't start in tubos. Might have to give that a go. There is one CC source that has a reputation for sending moldy cigars. I have put those in the freezer after inspection.