What's new

Tobacco Leaf input needed

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
A friend of mine who is growing tobacco for rolling was seeking some input.

QUITE:
I have 6 plants of Heirloom Havana 263 growing and know some history on it. The issue is this "Long Red" I have 12 plants of growing here. I get all my seeds from a local guy that grows a 1/4 acre of each variety he carries to get more seeds every year. All he said about the long red is it's another heirloom Cuban variety with long leaves that cures to a reddish brown (Colorado) hue. I'm not sure if this variety is used primarily in filler blends or not.

So my question for the aficionados is, have you seen or do you possess any CC's with wrappers that might be this variety? From what I understand, curing and fermenting can vary the color from Colorado Claro to Colorado Maduro.

I searched online and only found this description from a seed retailer:
Long Red is classified as a cigar filler but also makes a good binder or wrapper.
It has a pyramidal form growing to 6' in height with very large long and narrow dark green leaves.
The leaves average 14" in width and can get from 30" to 36" in length.
It holds up well during inclement weather and wind.
Long Red is a heavy producer of high quality leaf and begins to bloom in 60 days.
The leaves ripen 2-3 weeks after blooming and air cure to a reddish brown color.

Any input is appreciated.

Thoughts
[mention]blisscigarco [/mention]
[mention]Marc L [/mention]
[mention]webmost [/mention]
[mention]Vanerpaddel [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk