What's new

Tobadoa Double Torpedo-04

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
Tobadoa Double Torpedo-04

Rudolpho Tobadoa has to be one of the most famous celebrity rollers in Havana today. His cigars are by all means tremendous works of art. While in the late 1990’s the Salomone was all the rage amoung the connisieurs of custom rolled Habanos, Rudolfo pioneered a new vitola altogether: the double torpedo. Later this year, Habanos will release a production variant of this vitola, as the San Cristobal de la Habana Murella.

Size: 7 ¾” x 56

Visual:

This cigar’s extremely oily wrapper was extremely pleasing to look at. The Colorado wrapper had a little sunspot near the foot, but there no extreme veining present. It had an uncut foot, and the wrapper was applied very well without any stretching. Even though it was a torpedo, it had a triple cap on it, something I have never seen before on a torpedo. Its head did not sharply come to a peak, so the shape of the head was similar to that found on the 109. It was extremely pleasant to look at—almost perfect.

14/15

Construction:

This cigar was constructed like a rock, as to be expected from a level 9 master roller. No soft or hard spots were evident anywhere on the cigar. Due to the uncut foot it was impossible to determine the type of filler contained with in. It had the same exact weight as an “A” sized cigar. The cigar did have a little problem with canouing, but it was solidly made. The ash held on for a full five inches. The smoke did not get hot until the last 1 ½” of the cigar when the cigar began to get a little soft.

16/20

Pre-light

The cigar was extrodinairly easy to cut. It cut quite cleanly. The filler that was exposed by the cut contained no voids nor thick veins or stems. The draw was full, but it gave the right amount of resistance. The initial flavors present in the unlit cigar were a definitive taste of aged tobacco with hints of nutmeg and cinnamon.

Flavor:

Hard to describe for a cigar like this. It had a core of flavors of nutmeg and cinnamon, set in a milleu of white pepper, whose strength greatly increased as the cigar smoked down. Halfway through, the flavors changed to one of peppery sweetness combined with a sharp bite of wasabi with hints of cedar. This was a great 2 ½ hour cigar, which got a bit strong at the end, similar to the strength present in a Bolivar Coronas Gigantes. Definitely recommended for when one has the time.

62/65

Overall:

A very good cigar. I can only imagine what this must have tasted like straight off the rolling table. I noted sizable similarities to a Tobadoa Salomone from ’03 that I had several weeks ago. I’m not certain just what age can do for these cigars.

92/100

LasciviousXXX

One Bad M.F.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Holy crap.... that was an awesome review. I am salivating all over my keyboard.

One of these days I'll get my hands on a Taboada :popeyes: