tobby4 special - mystery cigar

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I got this mystery cigar from Clay in March...it was unbanded

46x5.5
best guess - Punch

The appearance was very nice, prelight draw was very smooth. The light was perfect, burn was razor straight. A very nice smooth smoke all the way to the nub. The aroma was quite pleasant. Each draw was full of flavor, some really nice earthy flavors with some lingering berry notes. It built in intensity all the way to the end. I loved this cigar. All in all, I would buy this cigar in a heartbeat.

OK Clay, what was it???

and thanks for the challenge...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
This is the same cigar Clay bombed me judging by your review. I thought JL #1 at first due to the wood flavors it started with, but middle and end WAY too strong for that line. Then I thought Punch cause I saw another post he gave to someone else that was a Punch Punch. For me, I am now going to guess was a MAG46 from an 04 year or early 05 (amybe 03, but these would be gone if they were mine). Mine was razor sharp to the very end as well. I ashed the first time at the 2" mark and not again for another 1.5 inches, two times total. That was a first for me. VERY well constructed, very much a strong cigar. And HELL Yes it build intensity all the way. Mine had quite a bit of wood flavors in addition to exactly what you describe above Randy. A most enjoyable stick from Clay (my Pigeon). Mag 46 it is !

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Alright all my PMs have been replied to....

As Cliff suggested I have been up to my ass with school...

Um I wrote down what both of the sticks were, and its at my condo... but i am 95% sure that they were both Punch Punchs....

If it is different then i will let you all know...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I thought you swithced on us. I read someone else post Punch, Punch that you previously gifted. I thought I would make a different guess. I really liked that cigar 1/2 way thru. But when it was done, I was done. Was pretty dang strong.