What's new

Today is a Good Day (Daily Thread)

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I thought it would be nice to have a daily thread to show status updates of a positive sort. If anyone has a random story or something nice they would like to say, you can post it up here. Sometimes it just nice to share things without posting a whole thread about it.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I will start. KoreanCowboy took me out to breakfast today with HillbillyPyro and our friend Cam. We took a day trip to Michigan to one of our favorite shops. You tend to forget how nice it is to have a guys trip once in awhile. Much appreciated. ;)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Cool post. Excellent stuff...
Great day today- I slept in, went on a long walk with the dogs in the sun. Came home, played some online golf with an 08 Lusitania, read, napped, now dinner with the girl. Life is good indeed.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Great idea Rex!

Today is a good day because Nicole let me sleep in, then I got up, fished my hammock out of the pool (a recent storm blew it in there...), had a cup of coffee, mapped stuff while the kids were at the park, then we reconvened, grabbed some burritos from our favorite local spot, then all took naps... Now we are all up, dancing to Nicole's favorite hair metal tunes, and building Thomas the tank Engine tracks all over the family room...

Edit: ...and we just found out that Whittier Pony named one of their fields after my wife's Uncle who passed away two months ago.
10003460_821671624515362_304029960_n.jpg

Uncle Jess coached there for years, long after my wife's cousins grew up.

Last edited:

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Went in for an oil change , $42 - uh-oh , Pep boys registers lost connectivity , waited and waited , manager apologized and said have a nice day. No Charge

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Today is a good day because Griz posted a topic about a dent and scratch NewAir that emptied my pockets.....wait...

It is definitely a good day because I am alive, breathing and have my family and friends to share it with!

Thanks for the thread Hosh.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Today is a good day because Griz posted a topic about a dent and scratch NewAir that emptied my pockets.....wait...

It is definitely a good day because I am alive, breathing and have my family and friends to share it with!

Thanks for the thread Hosh.
^^^this^^^^

And I'm going to camp with Dad on monday to enjoy some decent weather, cigars, beer and smoker!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We had 5" of snow here in NW NC, so I had no desire to attempt the winding mountain roads up to the new house, in my 2wd Silverado. My wife is up in Jersey till tomorrow, so I just sat around the RV and smoked cigars. Nice day. Snow yesterday, but 65 degrees today. I just got done baking a batch of modified Paula Dean's Loaded Oatmeal Cookies. My version are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, GMO free, loaded with brown rice protein, chia seeds, and sweetened with coconut palm sugar, so they have a very low GI.

In the mid 40's right now, so I'm putting on the Dickies, grabbing a hard cider, heading outside, lighting a camp fire, and torching a Kristoff Ligero Maddie.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
We had 5" of snow here in NW NC, so I had no desire to attempt the winding mountain roads up to the new house, in my 2wd Silverado. My wife is up in Jersey till tomorrow, so I just sat around the RV and smoked cigars. Nice day. Snow yesterday, but 65 degrees today. I just got done baking a batch of modified Paula Dean's Loaded Oatmeal Cookies. My version are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, GMO free, loaded with brown rice protein, chia seeds, and sweetened with coconut palm sugar, so they have a very low GI.

In the mid 40's right now, so I'm putting on the Dickies, grabbing a hard cider, heading outside, lighting a camp fire, and torching a Kristoff Ligero Maddie.
Modified Paula Dean recipe....lmao. There's no "Paula Dean" left, you took out all the sugar and fat!

In saying that, I would enjoy your cookies.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Today was a good day because I got a couple or reorders for my product, delivered another internet order myself (great to see the reactions of people when the owner of a company delivers instead of postman), and had a full day of work with my partner. 10 hours felt like 5. Then I surprised the gf with some sushi and she finally beat me in a game of NHL13. She was ecstatic and I do take it easy on her ( I am a pro) but she did put up a fight and deserved her win!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Today was a good day for lots of reasons:
-I actually got a decent night of sleep for the first time since... November.
-Made serious progress on finding a new apartment.
-Got to check out a tattoo shop, which I will be returning to in the near future.
-Scored some excellent deals at the grocery store. Bought a week's worth of groceries for $12.
-Met some friends for dinner, which is exciting for me since I'm pretty much trapped in my apartment these days and am going stir crazy.
-Received a nice letter from my dad. It's good to remember somebody always has your back. Always.
-Netflix added the fourth season of Archer, so I will spend the rest of the night watching that and drinking some bourbon courtesy of Joel (smoqman).

[video=youtube;RySHMuLN4Jg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySHMuLN4Jg[/video]

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Today was a good day because I got to spend it with my wife and 3 year old son. We did some yard work, had lunch and took a nap. Since there was no snow and the temperature was above 50 there isn't anything I missed except a cigar. But a friend and I made plans for one tomorrow evening so that's covered.

Today WAS a good day, tomorrow will be too.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Seriously, how did they turn out? I notice sometimes gluten free recipes are hit or miss.
I have an extreme allergy to gluten and caffiene, and my wife is diabetic with dairy allergy, so I've had to learn to adapt. I've had great results following standard recipes, but replacing butter or shortening with coconut oil, sugar with coconut palm sugar (low GI, safe for diabetics and totally natural), milk with unsweetened almond or coconut milk, flour with a mixture of Hogson Mills Gluten free pancake mix (mainly sourgham and brown rice flour) and brown rice protein powder, and cocoa with carob. Oh, and of course I use only certified gluten free whole grain oats. Cookies, brownies and even cake recipes turn out pretty dang good.

Due to the low melting point of coconut oil, I find these baked goods are best refrigerated. At room temperature the coconut oil melts, and the texture suffers.

Paula Dean's Loaded Oatmeal cookies are the best I've ever had, but that has a lot to do with the spices she uses. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and allspice. I never tasted an oatmeal cookie like them. Very addicting.

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
spent my afternoon after work playing borderlands 2 with the wife. rolled out with her to have dinner with four of our close friends. after some decent thai food, rolled back to our place; the ladies are yakking upstairs over dessert, and my guys and i are sharing some penzance and going over favorite food and drink moments.

good day. o)