What's new

Today was a good day

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Last week a friend at church told me that they had a rifle they wanted to give me. Her husband has Alzheimer's and it is starting to get worse so they don't feel safe keeping their guns any longer. I swing by this evening to pick up the rifle only to find two there waiting for me, seems they use Botl math too! First up is a 1944 Mosin Nagant M4 that is numbers matching and in really excellent shape. Having had the pleasure of shooting one previously I was thrilled. They are cheap and easy to find, but usually not in this good of shape and I have been meaning to get one so this made my day.

The bayonet is flawless and adds a certain cool factor for me.

A decent little projectile

Then the unexpected surprise. A little semi auto .22lr made by Squires Bingham called a Squibman model 20. A little googling tells me it is inexpensive but accurate. Has a 15rd magazine and a ported barrel and should be a fun gun to plink with and teach my boys about gun safety with.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Sorry to hear about your friends husband.

Nice of you to "help" them out and ease their minds. That little .22 will be an awesome gun for the kids to learn on and if there are and prairie dogs around.... lights out!!

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It's hard to beat free guns!! :cool: (y)
^^^^^
Awesome score!!
A neighbor of mine in Denver gave me a 12 gauge Flite King K121 for free a few years ago, as well as about 100 shells.
Turns out his girlfriend/mother of his child was cheating on him. I'm thinking that by me taking that shotgun there was one less body for the police to chalk!
I'm looking for an 18" barrel to make this more for home defense, but not much luck. May have to get out the hacksaw.(y)(y);)