What's new

Today's Thrift Find

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
So as some of you know I do a little thrifting on the side to help fund my cigar habit. I thought it would be cool if anyone else did the same to post up their latest find. Similar to Today's Smoke.

To start off found this today, has a chip, but it's early French.

Paid $0.50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Awesome. So I'm just a little confused though. Is this a thread to share what we find thrifting or "antiquing" and flip for a few bucks? Or is this just a thread to show a purchase that we made finding something old and unique?
Can be both...anything unique. For example, I plan to sell this, with the chip probably get around $30.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Can be both...anything unique. For example, I plan to sell this, with the chip probably get around $30.

Ahhhh ok, awesome! I'll definitely try to keep this thread alive and share some stuff that I find. I can snap a pic of an old phillies cigar tin that I use for my cigar accessory storage LOL. I've had it a few years now.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Ahhhh ok, awesome! I'll definitely try to keep this thread alive and share some stuff that I find. I can snap a pic of an old phillies cigar tin that I use for my cigar accessory storage LOL. I've had it a few years now.
Yea sure that's fine anything you find!!

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Found this quite a few years ago at an antique shop in NJ. Picked it up I think for $10? I use it to store all my matches and cigar accessories I really don't use. The sticker inside said made in 1929???

That's awesome! Nice find

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's great! I too do some thrifting, though more of clothing, and more to support my Brooks Brothers/ J.Press preference than anything else--

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I LOVE to cruise craigslist, yard sales, thrift shops, ect for "keepers" as well as flip-able items. Kinda have a knack for it.
Believe it or not, I fund my hobbies almost 100% by flipping items from various BST forums and classifieds.
Best deal thus far was a boat deal......paid $3000...spent $700 (and 36 hours of my time) and sold for $9300. Once bought a 95 Wrangler for $450 and sold it before I took it off the trailer for $1700.
Bought a kayak once for $75 that turned out to be a unique Kevlar hull...sold on craigslist for $1700.
I have expensive hobbies (Ham Radio, Harley Davidsons, Firearms, ect) that need all the financial help they can get! :)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have done a lot of garage sale and thrifting over the years. I still do it once in a while, but not often. I did make some very good money in the process, mostly with vintage stereo gear and vinyl records. My best was a 7" 45rpm that I bought from Salvation Army thrift for .37 cents and sold on eBay for $2,850.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I have done a lot of garage sale and thrifting over the years. I still do it once in a while, but not often. I did make some very good money in the process, mostly with vintage stereo gear and vinyl records. My best was a 7" 45rpm that I bought from Salvation Army thrift for .37 cents and sold on eBay for $2,850.
That's awesome so vintage stereo equipment?! I will keep and eye out.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i have to say, i dont do this but its really cool to see what you guys are finding

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I sometimes browse the Goodwill that's right next to where I work. Never find anything worth buying.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I like woodworking with old hand tools. I'm always looking for deals on stuff at flea markets and antique shops. Planes, saws, chisels, etc. I sold a bunch of things, duplicates and HTF stuff, to buy my wife's engagement ring, but I'm slowly building back up. I don't finish too many projects, but I always like making a mess in the shop.

IMAG0102 (Medium).jpg