What's new

"Too Precious to Smoke" -- the Robb Report

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Definitely interesting, although I find it hard to believe cigars are an investment, unless you have a "house" of a collection (like the people in this article). I'd be pretty concerned with all the tobacco legislation if I was them.

I also find it hard to believe that a NC Macanudo is a great, collectible cigar. They should have also looked at the monster series; it's insane what people will pay for a complete set of dress boxes.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
There is only one guy I can think of who really buys for investment seriously, I think he lives in Switzerland, and seeing his collection makes me weep. If you have the means and the passion go for it, but I'll never buy cigars with the intent of paying my rent.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I thought that was a great read, but it totally lost me at the end though. Macanudo and Foundry in the top five to collect??? GTFOH. Partagas 150 is loosing its appeal as it ages out. And while Opus used to be the most sought after NC, it has lost some of that "magic" it had now that it's price point has been caught up to and LE's are so common place in the market. Jury is still out on whether the Padron will rise in value since it hasn't even been released yet. You'd be taking a huge gamble buying up Padron 50th humidors in hopes of turning a profit and it may take a while for the value to be there.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I thought that was a great read, but it totally lost me at the end though. Macanudo and Foundry in the top five to collect??? GTFOH. Partagas 150 is loosing its appeal as it ages out. And while Opus used to be the most sought after NC, it has lost some of that "magic" it had now that it's price point has been caught up to and LE's are so common place in the market. Jury is still out on whether the Padron will rise in value since it hasn't even been released yet. You'd be taking a huge gamble buying up Padron 50th humidors in hopes of turning a profit and it may take a while for the value to be there.
Agree. I would buy to SMOKE EM as BigBill says.

The article is a fun read, but seems to have been written by someone with little/no actual cigar experience.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Perhaps for years LMFAO HACKer is kind of ironic for this authors last name.

"A collector seeks out the rarest smokes, keeps them judiciously humidified, perhaps for years, and then—most likely on a whim—lights up that prized panatela or cherished Churchill and savors every puff as it is gradually reduced to ashes. - See more at: http://robbreport.com/wine-spirits-cigars/too-precious-smoke?nopaging=1#sthash.ruIqWugo.dpuf"

Prized Pantella
Cherished Churchill
Costly corona
Robust Robusto
Lavish Lancero
Fabulous Figurado

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Perhaps for years LMFAO HACKer is kind of ironic for this authors last name.

"A collector seeks out the rarest smokes, keeps them judiciously humidified, perhaps for years, and then—most likely on a whim—lights up that prized panatela or cherished Churchill and savors every puff as it is gradually reduced to ashes. - See more at: http://robbreport.com/wine-spirits-cigars/too-precious-smoke?nopaging=1#sthash.ruIqWugo.dpuf"

Prized Pantella
Cherished Churchill
Costly corona
Robust Robusto
Lavish Lancero
Fabulous Figurado
Jive journalist

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Being a gluttoness smoker, I know I personally have smoked a fortune worth of cigars that had I held them would have me rolling in cash… Habanos 1492 humidor, 1994 Humidor, Habana Partagas 150th Humidor, boxes of Dom Perignons, Don Candidos, etc, etc, etc… oh well, only live once. Maybe I should become a Buddhist…

STS