What's new

Top Five Cheap go-to's

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Post what your go to cheap smokes would be if you were recommending a fiver to someone on a budget and new to cigars, figure this would be helpful to people getting started and wanting suggestions.

My ideal fiver for a new buddy would be:

-Caldwell Sevillana
-Viva Republica Guerilla warfare
-Tatuaje Verocu no. 5
-Illusione Rothschild
-MUWAT Bait Fish

And out the door near 25 bucks

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Tat pseries.
Muwat baitfish.
Predomo sun grown
Tat tattoo
Schizo (any of these I pick up if I have some buddies coming over that don't smoke much)
Also to replace the schizo I'd pick up a Espinosa stick, 601s or maybe the la zonas for a 5er to a new smoker.

That being said I'm a new smoker still so iv not found all the gems. Definitely watching this for advice on some good prices smokes

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
This is a list for noobs, the list might change if they were experienced smokers:
Sub-$5 list:
1. Ramon Bueso Genesis Habano. $2-2.50 on cbid, but for my money better than any other sub-$5 stick out there. I'd venture to say it's better than the Padron x000 series even. It might be a touch spicy for some, but I've had a few non-smokers say it was really enjoyable.
2. Caldwell Gibraltar - rich, fairly smooth, nice balance. Was like $4 on Small Batch.
3. RoMa Craft Intemperance EC, whatever the smaller vitola is. Great, smooth, tasty cigar.; I think they're like $3-5 depending
4. Padron x000 maduro - great budget stick. $4-5
5. Monte 4 - about $5. Another very approachable stick, and very decent young right now.

Edit: Just remembered the Gibraltar was reblended. I preferred the older blend. I guess swap that out for a Four Kicks, also a relatively approachable stick with great rich flavor.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
This is a list for noobs, the list might change if they were experienced smokers:
Sub-$5 list:
1. Ramon Bueso Genesis Habano. $2-2.50 on cbid, but for my money better than any other sub-$5 stick out there. I'd venture to say it's better than the Padron x000 series even. It might be a touch spicy for some, but I've had a few non-smokers say it was really enjoyable.
2. Caldwell Gibraltar - rich, fairly smooth, nice balance. Was like $4 on Small Batch.
3. RoMa Craft Intemperance EC, whatever the smaller vitola is. Great, smooth, tasty cigar.; I think they're like $3-5 depending
4. Padron x000 maduro - great budget stick. $4-5
5. Monte 4 - about $5. Another very approachable stick, and very decent young right now.

Edit: Just remembered the Gibraltar was reblended. I preferred the older blend. I guess swap that out for a Four Kicks, also a relatively approachable stick with great rich flavor.
2. Yes.
3. Yes
5. Yes

PL Monte Carlos at $5 is very very good.