What's new

Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (5 x 52)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thompson has this cigar on sale and quite frankly i couldn't resist. A bundle of 20 will only set you back $39.95 so i didn't see how i could lose considering that i also got a nice 15% off email code.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/TORANO-SALUTEM-ROBUSTO-HABANO/97498.uts?cm_vc=11441&subCategoryId=11441&categoryId=10143&parentCategoryId=9833

Thompson's has the description wrong with it being listed as a 5 7/5" x 55 Robustoo_O.

I've had this cigar sitting at 69% rh for 11 days in a vacuum jar.
Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (1).jpg
I light it up and i'm immediately hit was a massive dose of spicy pepper. Its almost like biting into a jalapeno pepper. The body is mild-medium but the strength is much higher than the body and i'd easily rate it as medium strength. The chili pepper is dominating completely with an interesting background flavor of wood, sweetness, earth, walnuts, and a pinto bean like meatiness.
Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (2).jpg
This Torano has a loose draw and the pack is sort of light. Its interesting because the cigar is rock solid with zero give. The burn line is complete shit with it being super wavy but its not having any negative effects. The ash is sort of flaky but holds on well. Lots of touch up required on this cigar but the unique combination of a mild medium body but full flavor and medium-full strength is well worth it.

The chili pepper last for 35 minutes before it recedes. The strength has ramped up and is easily a medium full in terms of nicotine. The Salutem is definitely a cigar for those who love strength, spicy cigars with a unique combination of sweetness and a savory profile. The body has increased slightly to a low medium and the smoke has a wispy, dry, but creamy texture. The body and flavor is reminiscent of a mild Dominican (with a Cameroon wrapper) but wow the strength and flavor is more akin of a medium-full Nicaraguan. Kind of reminds me of a Cohiba red dot combined with a Jericho Hills Willy lee.

The only negatives are an atrocious burn line and a relatively fast burn rate. The flavor profile at the 40 minute mark is earth, leather, cream, with the cocoa, sweetness, pepper, wood, walnut, and the pinto bean type savory note being secondary flavors. The Salutem has a very unique strength and flavor profile combined with a mild-medium body. The Ecuadorian wrapper, Dominican and Cameroon filler tobaccos are clearly the stars here with the Nicaraguan binder and fillers adding extra oomph and complexity.

I toss the nub at the 52 minute mark because by that point the flavor had declined and was just pure nicotine. Word of caution the body never increased past a low medium but the strength was borderline full for the last half. I definitely felt the nicotine in my stomach and i was slightly light headed at the ending.

Here's the rest of the burn progression:
Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (3).jpg Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (4).jpg Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (5).jpg Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (6).jpg Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (7).jpg Torano Salutem Robusto Habano (8).jpg