What's new

Torano Tribute 2004 - Robusto

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
Torano Tribute 2004 Robusto (5 x 50)

Wrapper - Costa Rica - Maduro
Filler - Dominican and Nicaraguan
Binder - Dominican

Limited with a release quantity of only 66,000 cigars. There were just 1,000 boxes of each of the three sizes produced, and each box of 22 cigars is individually numbered. This is a smoke that demands your attention. Nice full flavor, excellent construction and the heaviest smoke that I'll seen in a while. The maduro wrapper is about as dark and oily as you an get. The burn is excellent and the aroma is magnificent! Ok, time to shut up and fire another one up.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice review Rodney!! I love Torano's but I haven't tried one of these yet. Just a little pricey for my likes. I'm sure I will be kicking my self in the ass one of these days for not picking some of these up. :lol:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for the review. Picked up a couple of these before the holidays, but haven't tried them yet. Sounds like I need to work them into the rotation (maybe this weekend)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just fired up my second one of these at lunch. Absolutely gorgeous cigar. Extremely dark and oily wrapper, quite a few shades darker than the signature. On the strong side for sure (I think I actually have a buzz, and that's unusual for me) and very Earthy.

As is to be expected from Torano the construction was flawless. Only the slightest of veins, firm to the pinch and perfect draw. One small touch up about halfway through, other than that, the burn was perfect.

As far as tastes go I didn't get much more than deep, dark, toasty tobacco and leather with strong Earth tones. There seemed to be some spice in the first couple of inches, but I can't be sure as I don't know exactly what others refer to as spice (it tingled my toung, 'bout the best I can give you).

As nice as this smoke was, I have to say I still prefer the signature robusto. I'll be making sure of that tomorrow or the next day when I smoke another one to compare.

A definite thumbs up, though a smoke I probably won't be buying as the price ($6.60 per bought by box and divided by 22) is higher than I'm looking to spend right now. Especially if I'm remembering the substantially lower priced signature correctly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, jwrussell, where do you get your toranos? I don't want to seem like I am trying to push business to the same place all the time, but the 2 boxes I bought got here in 2 days and they have good prices. $68.25 for a box of robustos. Have you found a better price?