What's new

Tracking Inventory

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
How do you guys track your inventory? Do you have an app you use or just create a spreadsheet?
I used to use the Cigar Scanner app but I haven’t been using it much lately. It seems to loose quite a bit of info that I enter into it. I just recently got so frustrated with it that I quit using it. It may be something I’m doing wrong, I don’t know, it used to work fine but they’ve put some updates out for it here lately and that’s when it started giving me fits. If there is something out there that’s better I would love to know myself.

Jody

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wait, you're supposed to keep a track of all the cigars you have in your personal inventory!? :eek::facepalm:

I honestly, just make my purchases and put them in the humidor or wineador with the rest of my smokes. If I make the box purchases, then I have a small notepad and write down when I placed them in the wino for "aging."

I do have my cigar journal and will write notes from time to time on my own personal cigar reviews too. But I haven't done that in quite a long time.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you can look at your humidor and decide if you should jump on a sale or not you don't need tracking. If you have cigars all over the place and a sight inventory isn't practical I think a good system is helpful. I'm glad I started my spreadsheet early in the journey. Eventually I'll smoke through my experimental phase and start buying more boxes, fewer singles and fivers making inventory much simpler. Whatever works for you, but I guess it can be fun digging around and finding something you didn't know you had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a spreadsheet. It's quite a bit of effort to keep it up. I found a stock control app that can scan bar codes and uses a data base exportable to a spreadsheet. I have not invested the time to configure it for my inventory, but it is on my todo list.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the the My Humidor page on the Cigar Geeks web pages. Their forum is not as good but the My Humidor they have works if you use it. Add them when you buy and take them out when you smoke one. One nice thing they have is a random selector. It you are having a hard time deciding which stick to smoke it will make a random pick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the the My Humidor page on the Cigar Geeks web pages. Their forum is not as good but the My Humidor they have works if you use it. Add them when you buy and take them out when you smoke one. One nice thing they have is a random selector. It you are having a hard time deciding which stick to smoke it will make a random pick.
Example:
B95EE83D-03AB-4013-86AE-7C903CB8BC7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i wrote my own little project in python.

i dont track a ton of info - just the cigar basics (brand, vitola, quantity, which location its stored in) but its enough for my needs!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
But you have to download and maintain your own backup anyways so you might as well have your own spread sheet. I've had their app failed sync and deleted my entire inventory before. Lost all my record keeping from 09 to 16. And they even looked up their log and everything was wiped even though it "doesn't delete just makes it invisible". Sorry guess I'm just a little salty still.