What's new

Travel Cigar case

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Yup. Xikar.

It used to be that Herf-a-Dor was also great, and IMO preferable. But they sold and the quality dropped off - I’ve had three that were not even close to airtight. Tolerances for production are shoddy and what you get is a crapshoot, for Herfador proper and all of the various knockoffs brands.

Stick with Xikar.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Yup. Xikar.

It used to be that Herf-a-Dor was also great, and IMO preferable. But they sold and the quality dropped off - I’ve had three that were not even close to airtight. Tolerances for production are shoddy and what you get is a crapshoot, for Herfador proper and all of the various knockoffs brands.

Stick with Xikar.
Good to know as someone on another forum actually just reccomended that brand

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just orderd this one,havent got it yet so I will let you know

Pelican R60

View attachment 165448
Certainly looks like a real nice one, and Pelican is definitely durable and high quality stuff.

Betting its more expensive than I would put on my Christmas list for my mother and sister. I try to keep it to pretty inexpensive things

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly looks like a real nice one, and Pelican is definitely durable and high quality stuff.

Betting its more expensive than I would put on my Christmas list for my mother and sister. I try to keep it to pretty inexpensive things

There about $64.00 I wasn't sure what the others where going for

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yup. Xikar.

Stick with Xikar.
I have been using a small Xikar for two years or more without any issue. The seal is good and the latches haven't given me any trouble.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yup. Xikar.

Stick with Xikar.
Already responded on another forum with a Xikar recommendation, but this post is spot on - I have one of the post-sale ones and the plastic flexes/warps and then it just doesn't seal all that good.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I just orderd this one,havent got it yet so I will let you know

Pelican R60

View attachment 165448
I can’t see that working well as a travel humidor.

The case itself is certainly going to be high quality and durable, but there’s zero padding inside. It probably works great as a humidor… it’s the travel part that worries me.

EDIT: But dad gum, a snap in accessory lid! I’ve been asking for that for years.

Last edited:

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see that working well as a travel humidor.

The case itself is certainly going to be high quality and durable, but there’s zero padding inside. It probably works great as a humidor… it’s the travel part that worries me.

Your right about the padding I have outfitted many rifle cases and tool boxes and have foam for the inside its really easy to cut

I will post a review when I get it set up.

and its dual use :cool: if I ever give up cigars ( not likely at this point) it will work for tactical or any other use I can think of. I already use two Pelican cases for humidors currently and as you said they are high quality and durable.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Your right about the padding I have outfitted many rifle cases and tool boxes and have foam for the inside its really easy to cut

I will post a review when I get it set up.

and its dual use :cool: if I ever give up cigars ( not likely at this point) it will work for tactical or any other use I can think of. I already use two Pelican cases for humidors currently and as you said they are high quality and durable.
I’m actually considering adding the foam from one of my other travel humidors to one of these now that you mention it!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There about $64.00 I wasn't sure what the others where going for
Yeah, Pelicans and Xikars are pricier than I'm looking for.

If I were buying myself, it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm using this as an addition to a list of Christmas ideas for my mother and sister, so would like to be in the $25 maximum range, as I would feel bad asking for too much or anything more expensive.

Currently nothing on my list of 5 items is over $20

I just have to start putting together ideas early as i think of them as i always have a hard time coming up with ideas

Last edited:

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Pelican makes a feew nice case, which you can purchase foam inserts to customize the interior, I believe the numbers of some of the good cases are the 1150 and 1250

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pelican makes a feew nice case, which you can purchase foam inserts to customize the interior, I believe the numbers of some of the good cases are the 1150 and 1250
Pelican definitely makes some quality cases.

Have used various one for equipment in the oilfields, which is a pretty harsh environment and they never even got a scratch

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Harbor freight sells apache brand that is very similiar to pelican for a much more reasonable price. I have the 15 count herf-a-dor. A bit bulky for my uses, however it seems to hold humidity well.

Last edited:

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love my Zero halliburton cigar case I know it is over kill and way more then you would want to pay! It is kind of the Rolex of cigar cases, but I have had mine for over 15 years and it still solid as a rock!!!
IMG_4835.JPG

I also have a Pelican 1200 and a few Xikars, Herf-a-Dors in 5, 10 15 counts after smoking cigars of 25 years you tend to accumulate cigar stuff LOL!!!
IMG_4803.JPG