What's new

Travel humi help!?!?

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay botl. A friend of mine called this morning. He travelled from GA by air across the pond to Europe. He can't open his his travel humi. I've never had this happen. What can he do???? Or is he just screwed. Does his travel humi have the bends or what?

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The change in altitude created a vacuum inside. Could try warming it up some and that should get rid of at least some of the vacuum.
Thanks so much I figured it had something to do with pressure but as far as how to try and fix the problem I was at a loss. Thank you. I'm letting him know now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Carefully put a flat head screw driver into the slot between the head and body. Try not to damage the gasket but they're pretty durable foam. Twist to open slowly. If it's black put it in the sun for 40 minutes should be just fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
This happened to me before on my travel humi. i did the screw driver thing the guy said above. altough i had no mind to protecting the gasket while doing it. just pried it open and the thing still works good as new. only ever happened once and i travel with that thing all the time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some epoxy glue should seal the hole in the humi. I would have used the screw driver. I always travel with a Swiss Army knife in my luggage the Cigar 79. It has everything you need in one package.

Large blade, Patented cigar cutter, Can opener with small screwdriver, Bottle opener with large locking screwdriver & wire stripper, Lever design serrated edge scissors, Corkscrew, Punch, Reamer, Toothpick, Tweezers

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Funny how they call them travel humidors and not have a pressure equalization valve of some sort. Not like anybody flies when they travel? Guess I'll keep that in mind when it's time to buy a new one.