What's new

Travel humidor advice?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a search, but couldn't find anything with recent information...

I am going to St. Martin this fall. On the way, I am stopping for the day/night close to the airport in Miami (Little Havana). I am planning on getting some sticks there, and then adding whatever I try that I like in St. Martin to bring back home.

I have been looking at the Xicar X-Treme 20 and 40 boxes. They are about the same price, but I just can't picture the physical size differences. I wanting something that will fit in my backpack (personal carryon item). If anyone can give me some advice, I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Couple ziplocks bags lol . I don’t know what to use. I’ve got a couple herf a dor brand hard cases that would work. I’ve noticed I never really use mine though. Usually carry smokes in a bag

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My suggestion would be to go to Walmart or Target and find a Snap-lock or other well sealing container that you think would be a good size to hold the amount of sticks you are planning on buying. Travel humidors are nice but a good Tupperware style container will give you the same protection and humidity control. The upside is you will be able to get a good idea of the size of the container ahead of time.

It might not hurt to bring some bubble wrap with you as well to take up any empty space in the container so your cigars are not rattling around in there while you are traveling.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is the reason I like zip locks. The bag

put a bunch in there wrap tight roll into a t shirt. They’ll rest easy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20 count on left 30 count on right. They are all very similar. I use to use them a lot. I will use them if I’m wanting to be fancy. I have two 5 count cigar travel cases. I usually just put some sticks and bring those. They pack nicely in my suitcase if needed. However I have gone places and had an extended stay for whatever reason. In that case I usually just pack them in tupperware.

Tupperware with a bóveda pack is going to be way cheaper than the travel cases. I only have two of the 5 count travel cases by accident. I thought I lost the one I had and so I ordered a new one. Then found the one I lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk