What's new

Travel Humidor for long term storage

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Complete noob here so please bare with me. The wife and I have just started getting into cigars, her idea. This happened while we were on vacation so we picked up a travel humidor, Cigar Caddy to be exact. As long as we keep the Boveda packs changed out is there any issues with storing our cigars in this case long term? Also, should we have went through any type of seasoning process for the humidor?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Most traveldors I find are fine out of the box. If there is a plastic smell or unusual odor a spray and dusting with baking soda will do the trick. We normally season humidors with cedar as a component to give the wood time to adjust to your desired humidity. Your traveldor with Boveda packs will be fine for storage, Just try to keep it at a safe temperature and without the cedar don't expect miracles.

BTW Welcome

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I initially started out thinking a travel humidor would be enough. I say, just get you a tupperdor! Thats what I ended up doing. Can always use the travel one for when you're on vacation!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially started out thinking a travel humidor would be enough. I say, just get you a tupperdor! Thats what I ended up doing. Can always use the travel one for when you're on vacation!
Given how we have taken off with this you are absolutely correct. The travel humidor is not going to be enough and we are going to have to expand pretty soon. But we will most likely need to use both for a little while.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a humidor that is usually called the Havana foot locker that is big, and I found it to be a good value for the cost. It’s 30% off at famous-smoke.com right now. May be cheaper in their auction section, which seems to never have multiple bidders.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Given how we have taken off with this you are absolutely correct. The travel humidor is not going to be enough and we are going to have to expand pretty soon. But we will most likely need to use both for a little while.
Using the phrase “taken off” referencing purchasing and smoking of cigars, brother, you are gonna be in storageador / wineador land before too long!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Using the phrase “taken off” referencing purchasing and smoking of cigars, brother, you are gonna be in storageador / wineador land before too long!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still can't believe that I initially bought a Xikar 15 stick travel humidor thinking it would be all I would need. :D :ROFLMAO:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My very first “humidor” was a Fischer’s peanut plastic jar. It didn’t take long to get to a wooden humidor, 2 wooden humidors and 50 quart cooler. This was all within the first 6 months.

10 years later, I now have 4 wooden humidors, four 50 quart coolers, a 20 quart snapware container, and a pelican case that are all full to the brim. Be careful my friend, CAS (cigar acquisition syndrome) is a real disease with no know cure.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
If you haven’t yet, head over to Cigarbid.com, they always have humidors going to cheap(ish). Make sure you make shipping worth it, LOL