What's new

Traveling INTERNATIONAL with Cigars

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm going away to Israel next week and I'm thinking of bringing a nice box with me- maybe 10 or so, so that way I don't have to worry about buying there.

I probably won't bring my lighter and I probably will bring my (hopefully-soon-to-be-outdated Palio cutter)... But I'm wondering if the customs laws prohibit me bringing cigars (organic material) INto another country... And what about bringing them back into the US? Even if I don't find C's over there, I'll want to bring back whatever I haven't smoked.

Does US customs allow NONcubs (back) into the US?

Anybody have any experience traveling internationally with Cigars?

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have to check the appropriate government websites. I have no clue as to Israel's rules. I can tell you that you can definitely bring non-Cubans into the U.S., but I don't remember the number limit. Take a look at the U.S. State Department's website, and that will tell you.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yep, just check that country's web site for any exclusions, other than that there are no issues. I do it all the time - Mexico and South America...for your lighter, get a Colibri Tranzpack! It's the shit! You can put a lighter in your checked luggage that way.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I go back and forth to Europe to visit my parents.

Keep them in the Cigar Caddy and do not worry about it. If you are worried just take the labels off and travel naked !!!

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
As far as going overseas there is no problem taking them with you CC or NC. As far as coming back to the US, CC are a no no and NC are limited to 50 cigars I believe without having to pay a duty.
It is important to note, if you bring back close to the 50 and they are unbanded, customs has the right to confiscate as the burden of proof for origin of the cigars is on you.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
As far as going overseas there is no problem taking them with you CC or NC. As far as coming back to the US, CC are a no no and NC are limited to 50 cigars I believe without having to pay a duty.
It is important to note, if you bring back close to the 50 and they are unbanded, customs has the right to confiscate as the burden of proof for origin of the cigars is on you.
That is correct. If they think or saythey are CC, you lose em.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
It is important to note, if you bring back close to the 50 and they are unbanded, customs has the right to confiscate as the burden of proof for origin of the cigars is on you.[/QUOT

Would not this be easily solved by a receipt, even foreign? Seems to me this one could be "worked around", if you know what I mean. . .:wink:

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Better yet, bring a receipt for RP Edge Torpedos and a print-out from a website showing that they come unbanded in the box, and then bring back unbanded Monty #2's... :yes:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Better yet, bring a receipt for RP Edge Torpedos and a print-out from a website showing that they come unbanded in the box, and then bring back unbanded Monty #2's... :yes:
Now that...is thinking ahead!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: