What's new

Tri State Herf on Long Island Nov. 16

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Ok fellas, we haven't had a herf for awhile around here, so let's get some guys together and meet up at the new tobacco shop in Garden City.

Date: Friday, Nov. 16
Time: Anytime after 5 PM
Place: J Barbera Tobacconist
Addy: 990 Franklin Ave
Garden City, NY 11530

A friend of mine that is the Northeast Rep. for CAO says that it is a great lounge, I've never been there personally, and it's pretty big. If we have more than 10 people I'll call them to let them know what to expect. It's in a great area of town also with lots of places to go afterwards if we want to get some beers or something like that. So let's sign up here and meet up for some good smokes!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kevin, I might be able to make this. I have been there a bunch of times and it is a very nice place.

Dave and Cgardan from CP have expressed interest in coming as well. :thumbsup:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Hey Kevin, I might be able to make this. I have been there a bunch of times and it is a very nice place.

Dave and Cgardan from CP have expressed interest in coming as well. :thumbsup:
Cool, looks like about 5 or 6 right now. It will be great to smoke it up again Scott!!! It's been too long since we herfed, especially since we live about 15 minutes from each other!!!!!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
This Friday!!!!!

Line up so far:

Me
sawdust (friend of mine)
planetbetter (friend of mine)
geoffrie

Possibles
White Lightening
versacorp
dave
cgardan

Who else is in?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I wish I could make it, I would probably sit in two hours of traffic if I was lucky.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Sorry guys couldn't get out of work tonight. Next time I'm calling in sick if Ihave to. It's party season for me and it's busy at work. ENJOY!!! POst some pics after.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Well, I met up with versacorp and a couple guys from cigarpass, dave and cigardan, and my friends steven and brian. We had a good time and smoked some great cigars. What I was unaware of is that while this is a store, the lounge area is for members only. The lounge was a bit small but very nice with lockers, leather chairs and several HD tv's. You could get waitress service, but she could not actually serve you, just bring you unopened bottles, and the selection was extremely limited as per NY smoking laws (effin bastards!!) You can bring your own liquor, which she will get for you and provide you with a glass. The lockers are nice, but somewhat small that you get with membership, considering the membership fee for the year is 2500 smackers!

George Brightman, the owner, was at first a bit ruffled that we were in the lounge, but he was gracious enough to let us stay there, probably because there weren't that many guys there and we got refreshments for free, which was pretty nice. I bought a couple of Camacho cigars since he was so hospitable to us and we got free drinks. It's a nice place, but I can't justify that membership fee for the amount I would get over there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a very nice time herfing with you guys Kevin and thanks very much for the very nice cigar! We have to do this again soon.

When's the next herf??:smile: