What's new

Trinidad 40th Anniversary Canonazo

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Decided to fire one of these up. It's a beautiful day in Santa Monica. Had the opportunity to do a tour of Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Mulholland drive this morning.

Time to catch up on my suntanning so, off to the deck to smoke.

The Trinidad 40th Anniversary was a special release cigar in 2010. It came in a beautiful humidor that included 40 Canonazo sized cigars. The same vitola as a Cohiba Siglo VI, a cigar near and dear to my heart.

The wrapper is a golden brown with minimal veins. Construction is impeccible. Very packed foot, no soft spots when sqeezed throughout the cigar.

a quick smell of the wrapper reminds me of peanut brittle. A hint of nuttiness and honey, maybe a caramel overtone?

The cold draw reveals pecan, a very faint trace of cedar, mocha and caramel. I think that the draw will be quite generous with this one.

Time to put this to flame.

A quick punch over the wonderfully constructed triple cap pig tail and off we go.

The initial puffs confirms the caramel, pecan, mocha combination. A light touch of cedar but nothing overpowering. The cigar has a nice creaminess to it.

The burn light is straight and clean. A couple of pieces of loose tobacco blew back to chafe me however, all is good. The bottom of the foot got a little damaged during transit but no biggie.

The flavours are surprisingly delicate considering the size of the cigar. The ash is a light great with some great rippling which is a sign of the entubar method of rolling cigars.

The draw is easy peasy. This is going to be a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Such a beautiful cigar. The draw is cool. The honey, pecan. mocha combo reminds me of honey nut cheerios. Some graham cracker has entered the fray and the cedar notes are just in the backdrop. Delicious. Copious amounts of smoke are running through this cigar. The aftertaste is fairly long but very delicate.

The ash continues to hold on as we move to the second third despite a fairly strong breeze coming off of the Pacific Ocean.

The strength has picked up slightly in the second third. That signature cuban twang has emerged. The nuttiness of the cigar reminds me of a pecan/almond mixture. A stronger element of mocha has also come out. The sweetness of the cigar has dissapated giving the front seat to more earthy tones.

Entering the final third, expresso has combined with the mocha. The sweetness has dissapated further but still noticable and the earthy characteristics have taken center stage. This cigar now reminds me of a caramel mocha maciato from Starbucks. I am digging this.

Overall, a very delightful cigar. Well constructed, very aromatic, medium bodied cigar. A great way to spend an afternoon.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Am posting from my iPad.
Great review man... I know I've found an app for my Android that will resize my photos prior to posting using Tapatalk... just something to look into. I use it for other things other than forums, like when I post photos for the family during my business trips, etc. Thank you for writing the reviews.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awesome review, Maverick, you have my mouth watering. Now the hunt begins to try and find one of these, heh. I love Trinidad anyway, and this sounded like the mother of all Trinidads. Once again, thanks for the review man!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Very glad you posted this review. I actually have one of these just resting in my humi. I just can't find the courage to fire it up yet.