What's new

Trinidad Funadore from El Laguito, Feb 01

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
I smoke cigars sloooooooowwwwwllllyyyyyyy. During the two hours and thirty minutes when I smoked this cigar, it never went out, so you can get the picture why it takes me about 40 minutes to go through a Cohiba Siglo I. However, those two and a half hours in which I was able to enjoy that cigar were simply sheer bliss.

Review:
Burn: Perfect, self-correcting, never went out.
Wrapper/Ash: Dryish colorado wrapper with few discoloration spots. The ash was firm and held on for about an inch to an inch and a half. The ash was initaly white, however, after several minutes it began to take on a beige to brown hue. Having had many wrappers on Vegas Robania cigars have this trait, I would have to bet that it came either from his plantation, or a plantation near his in the Saint Luis Massif. That being said, the wrapper was as smoooth as silk. Wish I could have a blanket that felt like that.

Now, on to the cigar.
Some people say that smoking a Funadore is like smoking three different cigars at once. I would have to not simply dissagree with that, but I might come to blows with someone who held that opinion. (Of course, I would first politely ask that they FINISH a Funadore, smoking it down to the last half inch. They would probably agree with me then.) From this one example, you could say that a single Trinidad is a "Best of Cuba" sampler. As I see it, this is four cigars in one, and that being said, it is four of the best cigars in one.

Right after I lit up, tasted pleasant tobacco and cedar flavors, simmilar to the first half of my favorite, the Partagas Petit Corona, albeit a bit milder. Cool, relaxed, refined. After the first fourth, I became dissapointed, not because it was bad, on the contrary--dissipointed because I'm probably not going to be able to find a finer current production cigar. As with any good Cuban cigar, it was a smoke grenade. After the first fourth had past it drifed into the cedar and floral strength of the Ramon Allones line, with hints of the hallmark Partagas spice ocassionally coming through. Half way through, I thought that it would remain a fairly medium-to-full bodied cigar, however, I was mistaken. I was suprised to taste hints of the Bolivar chocolate and orange peel, while the cedary and floral goodness remained. From there it began to taste like a Cohiba Siglo I in its sick peroid, which is in no way a bad thing. The last quarter was the best. The floral tones of the Ramon Allones combined with the spicy cinnamon flavors of a Partagas with the rich tobacco taste of the Punch line to make an absolutely wonderful cigar. It never got harsh, but the smoke began to be hot....in the last inch and a half. It was extremely hard to put this cigar down, however, when it is a mere 5/8ths of an inch long and one's fingers "begin to feel the heat," one sadly must.

Pretty much, I tasted almost everything I have tasted in a Cuban cigar, and in addition to that, not a single tone, not a single flavor, not a single taste was bad. Amazing.

Overall:
Excellent.
Excellent.
Excellent.
Ausgezeichnet.
Utsukashii.
Muy bien.

Overall, 95.