What's new

Trinidad Reyes

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow!

An absolute excellent smoke from beginning to end. Lovely aroma, nice smoke, perfect ash. This cigar can't be faulted. This definitely will become a main stay of my humidor.

9/10 :applause:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is a cigar I will be trying ASAP. I LOVE the Trini Robusto Extra. If this lil' s.o.b is anything like the robusto, Im in trouble.
Thanks for the review bro :smokingco

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More than welcome. I had a Gurka last might and I was quite surprised how strong the flavours of that were, but ISOM Trinidads are really excellent and above everthing I've tasted recently. I was able to get them quite cheaply, £42 inc shipping from a Hong Kong supplier.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
The Reyes is a strong little sucker! I love the trinidad sweetness. :drool:
I agree. I bought a box based on being gifted my first one, what a little firecracker! My lips were tingling with chili pepper.

Then the box I got was flat as a pancake. Donated 90% of them in splits and tried one of my last ones a month or two ago. I'll be damned if they were like the first one. I'm still kicking my ass for that one. But I'm glad others are enjoying them :smile:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't been here in a while, but here's a new review:

Named after the colonial city, one of Cuba's most beautiful cities, this line features one size, Fundadores, which means Founders. Trinidad is produced only in the El Laguito factory, and packaged in an 'unusual' quantity of 24 cigars. Since 1980, the Trinidad Fundadores has been produced exclusively for Fidel Castro. The only boxes that left Cuba were gifts to foreign diplomats. In 1994, 164 people smoked a Trinidad in Paris, at the end of "The Century Dinner" organised by Marvin Shanken, editor chief of Cigar Aficionado. From 1998 this exclusive cigar is available in Spain.

It's now also produced in the Colonias and Reyes sizes. I was lucky enough to run across a Reyes. This 6" x 40 ring stick has a dark, smooth wrapper. It's apparent right out of the cello that this is going to be a full-bodied cigar. The prelight aroma is full of spice, leather and cedar, and moistening the tip in the mouth prior to cutting puts instant heat on the tongue.

The first draw sets the pace. This is a POWERFUL smoke, not for the novice. My wife, long accustomed to me smoking cigars in the house, said "Wow, that packs a punch, doesn't it?" when she first smelled it. It's a burst of leather and spice, mostly spice, heavy with cinnamon and paprika tones. The draw is easy, and it burns flawlessly, without runs, producing a hard dark grey ash.

Surprisingly, by midpoint, the taste remains exactly the same. There's no question it's strong, but if you're used to full-bodied cigars, it's not overpowering.

The final third of the smoke began to aggressively assert itself, with the smoke becoming not just spicy, but downright hot. I'm not a big fan of overly strong smokes, but I do recognize quality when I see it, and this one is a solid "2" on the CIA scale. Your taste may vary, but if you like the stout smokes and get a chance to lay your paws on a Reyes, don't let the opportunity pass you by.