What's new

trinidad reyes

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Decided to reach for a Trinidad Reyes tonight. Got one in a recent box pass so, why not?

Construction is impeccible. Very firm. Maybe too firm? No give at all.

The wrappers is perfection. Smooth to the touch. The colour is a golden shade of colorado brown. No veins to speak of. The anticipation of smoking this is starting to build.

The smell off the wrapper is hazelnut and chocolate. Reminds me of nutella.

The pigtail is expertly wrapped. Looking forward to introducing it to my punch.

Cold draw of the foot is a little tight. Hope that this won't be an issue.

A couple of quick turns with my punch and we are ready to go.

Cold draw reveals gingerbread, some cedar and a hint of brown sugar.

Time to take this to flame.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

First Third: Baker's chocolate, gingerbread, cedar,absent is the hazelnut I tasted in the cold draw.

Even burn. This is billowing smoke. No draw problems to speak of. Very easy. The ash is a "Dirty" grey.

It's a tad harsh in the beginning. Says if though I am a little guy, pay attention to me!!!!

starting to settle down. Expresso flavours now coming through, accented with the cedar notes. Dark brown sugar waves down from the cheap seats.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Really starting to enjoy this. The flavours have come together. I am guessing that this is a fairly young little Reyes.

Sweet Molasses coming into focus now. Really complements the cocoa/baker's chocolate flavours. There is a nice creaminess to this cigar as well. Deliciousssss!!!!

Burn line holding in strong. No touchups or relights here. Harshness has gone away. The aftertaste is pure, sweet tobacco. Wonderful!!!!!!!

Smoke is billowing out of both ends. Just a delight to smoke.

Occassionally, a good dose of cedar, earth, gingerbread and cedar tantilize my palate. Fantastic!!!! This little guys is stylin and profiling!!!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Significant change in flavour profile. Cedar, earth, and molasses take center stage. Strength has picked up as well in a good way. A total 180 degree turn.

Nice complexity and variety of flavours. Dance like a butterfly, Sting like a bee.

Burn remains razor sharp. Time to put my lighter to bed. This little Reyes isn't getting hot under the collar at all as we near the end. Nub, nub time!!!!

Why does this have to come to an end in such a short period of time?!?!?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

FInal Impressions: This stick is built for the ages. There was some initial tension between the two of us in the beginning but everything came up roses in the end.

Such an enjoyable little cigar. Nice complexity and a plethora of flavours to enjoy over the short time you get to enjoy the cigar. Box worthy and then some. A great way to end an evening.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Agree 100%....very sad to see these discontinued.:frown:
I got good good news for you Reyes fans.

It's just the Robusto T and the Robusto extra that will be discontinued from the Trinidad line up. Your Reyes are safe for now:)