What's new

Trip to Buffalo Trace Distillery

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I spent Wednesday and Thursday this week at the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, KY. I have a few roles at my job but one of which is to lead a Share Group for the Adult Bev Industry. We bring the major players in the industry across Manufacturers, Distributors, and Retailers and talk about the challenges in the industry and how we can be a driving force for change. This group meets twice a year in a face-to-face setting and Sazerac hosted us at the Buffalo Trace Club House and also provided a tour of the campus and a tasting at the end. We had an incredible time and I can't wait to go back to the area and visit the Bourbon Trail outside of a work setting!

Inside the Club House where we had the meetings and tasting

Our Guide, Freddy, who is a 3rd generation employee at Buffalo Trace. This guy was awesome and had some incredible insights on the company, the campus, and of course the Bourbons!

The tasting lineup that Freddy took us through

Various Pics of the tour

This is the building where they age the barrels. If you look close at the windows, you can see every floor is full of barrels stacked 3 high!

Here is an example of the inside of the building

I ate lunch at the Louisville airport (while waiting on others to arrive) at this place called Book & Bourbon. Despite the lack of people in this picture, it was excellent!

Last edited:

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Even more jealous LOL. That's a really nice set. Then you need to start collecting the rest of the corks to spell Lanton's since you already got the B.
I know a lot of people collect those tops and I might do that as well. I intentionally got the "B" since it goes with my name. I'm so vain (I really think that bottle is for me).

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I know a lot of people collect those tops and I might do that as well. I intentionally got the "B" since it goes with my name. I'm so vain (I really think that bottle is for me).
I've seen then sell on ebay also. That bottle is calling out your name. Blanton's is tasty! Enjoy it!

And let me know what you think of the bourbon cream too.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
And let me know what you think of the bourbon cream too.
Bro, the bourbon cream is awesome! It was one of the bottles we tasted in the tasting and it was amazing. It's made with real dairy (unlike Bailey's) and it's great in coffee, cereal, milkshakes, root beer, oatmeal, etc. And it's only around $17 for a bottle. SO GOOD!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Did they talk about a current shortage of Buffalo Trace? I was talking to a manager of a local liquor store recently and he was telling me there is a shortage of Buffalo Trace right now. For the last 6+ months it's been increasingly more difficult to find many of their offerings, at least around here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Did they talk about a current shortage of Buffalo Trace? I was talking to a manager of a local liquor store recently and he was telling me there is a shortage of Buffalo Trace right now. For the last 6+ months it's been increasingly more difficult to find many of their offerings, at least around here.
Interesting; they didn't mention that at all. I didn't know that was a possibility so I didn't ask. I have a few contacts at Buffalo Trace though; I'll ask and get back to you.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Bro, the bourbon cream is awesome! It was one of the bottles we tasted in the tasting and it was amazing. It's made with real dairy (unlike Bailey's) and it's great in coffee, cereal, milkshakes, root beer, oatmeal, etc. And it's only around $17 for a bottle. SO GOOD!
I found some online to purchase. I haven't seen it locally.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
53   0   0

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Same with the Wellers lines.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thats awesome man, I used to work sales for a local anheuser busch distributor and can also attest to the perks of a job in the industry! Looks like they put on a nice distillery tour.