What's new

Trouble with RH

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a whynter humidor cooler which keeps my sticks at a constant degrees (the highest temp it will reach). Inside I have an oasis 4R hygrometer and a boveda butler. I have placed them both in a boveda calibration kit (75rh). They tested the same. However, when both placed within the humidor, the Boveda reads 69% RH and the Oasis 10 points lower (Temp is equal). Which one do I trust? I have two Biveda 320gm 69% RH inside the humidor. Any serious suggestions would be much appreciated

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im with them. Calibrate sensors in the cooler where they will be sitting, top row of cooler may read different than bottom as temp affects rh. You can opt to put in a circulation fan or rotate them now and then. My butler is dead on and Boveda works flawlessly.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I’d rock the biceps.
Damn drunken auto texting.

I find how deeply you place the hygros in a wino make a difference. I had mine mounted to the glass and just for kicks placed one in the middle of the middle shelf and the readings were quite a bit different (hygros calibrated etc). Boveda are gonna do their thing. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I eventually went down to just one hygro. I was fiddling around way too much when I had two.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What do you guys think of your Whytner? There is a decent deal on them through AAFES... trying to decide between that or NewAir

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Aren’t Newair and Whynter almost literally the same wino? Like, probably made in the same factory in China. One with a handle and one without.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a whynter humidor cooler which keeps my sticks at a constant degrees (the highest temp it will reach). Inside I have an oasis 4R hygrometer and a boveda butler. I have placed them both in a boveda calibration kit (75rh). They tested the same. However, when both placed within the humidor, the Boveda reads 69% RH and the Oasis 10 points lower (Temp is equal). Which one do I trust? I have two Biveda 320gm 69% RH inside the humidor. Any serious suggestions would be much appreciated

Attachments

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm guessing that when the door is closed there is very little clearance between the face of the hygrometers and the door. This may be important. Also is the vent for the dial hygrometer on the back of the sensor, if so does it extend beyond the cedar. Normally when I see those types of sensors they extend through the shelf face and you must keep the area around the back of the hygrometer clear. What happens if you remove them both and reposition them to see if the air inlet to the sensors are not blocked?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing that when the door is closed there is very little clearance between the face of the hygrometers and the door. This may be important. Also is the vent for the dial hygrometer on the back of the sensor, if so does it extend beyond the cedar. Normally when I see those types of sensors they extend through the shelf face and you must keep the area around the back of the hygrometer clear. What happens if you remove them both and reposition them to see if the air inlet to the sensors are not blocked?
thanks, Boudie. I never thought of that. Why I posted, to get more brain cells to help. lol I'm gonna give that a try. I'lll update in 48 hours