What's new

Trying New Tea

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
A couple months back, RG sent a massive tea bomb my way and now decided to follow up with a couple aftershocks with my MAW, so it's about time I post up a little test run!

The glass pot/infuser is from a Primula tea set I gave the wifey a few years back. (They have these little tea pods you drop in without the infuser, a bunch of loose leaf bound together to open up and look like a flower in the pot as it steeps)
When using the infuser part for loose leaf (like today) you get more particulate floating around your tea than if you used one of the metal mesh strainers, but it's kind of cool to be able to see the process.
Ryan, I did the rinse/clean method you mentioned. Never have before, but I trust you. If any flavors were wasted, you sure couldn't tell. This sure is fragrant! A lot more floral than I was expecting, but not at all off-putting. A beautiful golden color and an excellent natural flavor. We've got pure local honey from davewittwer and rock sugar from Teavana, but the tea doesn't need either. And, with the wifey at work, I get the whole pot to myself! 😆
Thank you ChefBoyRG54!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
That's Awesome Clint!

I really liked that tea to! but my wife was on the fence about the flavor! But she really likes the da hong pao Ryan sent us & the shit I will take a picture and post I forgot what the other one is called maybe Ryam can Chime in

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
A couple months back, RG sent a massive tea bomb my way and now decided to follow up with a couple aftershocks with my MAW, so it's about time I post up a little test run!

The glass pot/infuser is from a Primula tea set I gave the wifey a few years back. (They have these little tea pods you drop in without the infuser, a bunch of loose leaf bound together to open up and look like a flower in the pot as it steeps)
When using the infuser part for loose leaf (like today) you get more particulate floating around your tea than if you used one of the metal mesh strainers, but it's kind of cool to be able to see the process.
Ryan, I did the rinse/clean method you mentioned. Never have before, but I trust you. If any flavors were wasted, you sure couldn't tell. This sure is fragrant! A lot more floral than I was expecting, but not at all off-putting. A beautiful golden color and an excellent natural flavor. We've got pure local honey from davewittwer and rock sugar from Teavana, but the tea doesn't need either. And, with the wifey at work, I get the whole pot to myself! 😆
Thank you ChefBoyRG54!
Very Nice. It's shocking how floral that tea is. It's oolong, but leans heavily green.

Glad you got to enjoy :)

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Here is a picture I know the red bag is da hong pao... Witch my wife loves... But she really really likes the gold package one but I don't remember what it's called

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Thank you ChefBoyRG54!

Look at that jug of Honey!!!!!