What's new

Tubos/Tubes

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
What is the general rule of thumb when storing cigars that come in any type of tube? I have always been told to take the smokes out before storing in a humidor. However, I like to leave them on, at least, on and opened loosely. It helps me keep track of what the cigars are since I really don't tag naked cigars and I haven't really noticed them as dried out.

What's the consensus?

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
there is no rule of thumb. If you notice at your B&M, they store them in the tubes. The tubes are not exactly air tight so they will stay humidified within. It's your personal preference my friend. I like keeping the tubes on....it looks nicer in the humi especially if you have a glass top.

Sam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of tubos and and I always keep them stored in the tubes. They are not really airtight, even with the caps on tight so they will maintain their humidity just fine if stored in your humidor.

Only thing you have to watch is that if the humidity gets too high they can develop a bit of mold. I've had this happen if I store my newly moistened Heartfelt bead tube right next to a tubo. If you keep an eye out it is no big deal to wipe the mold off.

I love the strong cedar smell when you take the cigar out of its tube and think that the tubo helps the cigar maintain its flavor. Aged tubos are a real treat.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
In the tubes, may'be leave the cap off for a week or two to speed up stabilizing it. But I prefer the cap on.