What's new

Tupperdor temperature

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Anyone else notice their tupperdors of all sizes and cigar quantities always reading a lower temperature by several degrees than the temperature of the room?

I could understand with coolerdors, but makes no sense to me with regular, thin, plastic containers.

Isnt a problem obviously, just curious if others have this and if someone can explain why.

Thanks,
Sean

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
one of your thermostats is off.
is your tupper on the floor?

is it near an outside window ?

I have several and I don't see any difference in temps more than 2 degrees....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
one of your thermostats is off.
is your tupper on the floor?

is it near an outside window ?

I have several and I don't see any difference in temps more than 2 degrees....
My tupperdoors and 74qt container are opposite sides of the room and the 74qt is on the floor while the tupperdors are on my desk. None are terribly close to the window or outer wall and all of them typically read the same as each other, but 2 to 3 degrees less than the room temperature and using 3 different brands of hygrometers/thermometers.

Like I said, not a problem, just curious as to why they would read a little cooler and if anyone else has seen the same thing n

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Both of mine read about two degrees colder. I keep them in an old "collapsible" ottoman with a storage area. (Read thin fiberboard junk.) So they are in complete darkness and near the floor.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting.
Of the few responses I have gotten on the couple forums I posted this on, it seems that its the same way for others too.

Very odd a thin plastic container would be any different.

A cooler I could understand due to being insulted, or if all of them were in the same area of the room, but with mine at different heights and opposite locations in my room, its just a little odd.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I'm assuming that forced air heat is on, the warm air is being pushed throughout your house but not being pushed through your closed humidors. If the heat is constantly trying to warm the ambient air, that same circulation isn't going to happen inside your coolers... so they may never get quite as warm.

PS: I know absolutely nothing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm assuming that forced air heat is on, the warm air is being pushed throughout your house but not being pushed through your closed humidors. If the heat is constantly trying to warm the ambient air, that same circulation isn't going to happen inside your coolers... so they may never get quite as warm.

PS: I know absolutely nothing.
I don't turn on the heat in my room, it stays right around 68 degrees year round without it and that's my preferred temperature anyway. Only heat is coming from the heat running in the rest of the facility.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably witches then.
Probably.
Several others have said that its the same way in their containers too, so definitely not unique to my setup.

Also works in my benefit anyway as my room is 68deg plus or minus a couple, year round so my containers are right around 65/65 which is supposed to be the standard/ideal.